Poor photo clarity

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
My husband bought and iPhone s the same day I got this razr. We have compared them side by side. Mine are better by far. Make sure you removed the plastic protective covering of the back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

That's very funny! A few years ago I did the same thing with my phone at the time. Snapped a few pics and they were terrible. A day our two later I turned over the phone and saw the little film piece over the lens. Removed it and all was much better.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Zandar

Reaction score
The RAZR's camera is as good as the norm for a high end phone. The only thing that really beats it is the Nokia N8, but that phone's a pile of turd in every other regard. iPhone oversaturates their photos so they look better, but the fidelity is far from great. I can oversaturate my own photos if that's what I want, thank you very much. The sensor in the iPhone is good, but it's just a Sony camera sensor used in a lot of other cell phones; it's nothing special.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
The RAZR's camera is as good as the norm for a high end phone. The only thing that really beats it is the Nokia N8, but that phone's a pile of turd in every other regard. iPhone oversaturates their photos so they look better, but the fidelity is far from great. I can oversaturate my own photos if that's what I want, thank you very much. The sensor in the iPhone is good, but it's just a Sony camera sensor used in a lot of other cell phones; it's nothing special.

Plus with just about any photo shot style program you can doctor up you shots if needed.

Zandar

Reaction score
Are you speaking about the iPhone 4 or 4S??
The 4 tended to oversaturate like mad; pretty poor pictures, but they "popped" so people raved about the camera. The 4S does it, too, but to a far lesser extent so it actually has pretty decent shots. The sensor in the 4S is most likely the same sensor in the Xperia Arc (Sony 8MP sensor). Here are some comparison shots between the two that show how much processing comes into play (the 4S is better on a few, the Arc on a few):
Camera shootout: iPhone 4S versus Xperia arc | Xperia Blog

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
I have the 4, 4S and the RAZR. The 4S is my daily driver on AT&T, the RAZR on Verizon. I had the N8 for awhile too. The 4S is better than the RAZR, but that's not a knock against the RAZR. It's very good. I wish I still had the N8 so I could do some side by side comparisons against the 4S, but my guess is the N8 would win. But it surely wouldn't win on the video side. The 4S does fantastic videos and stills.

Zandar

Reaction score
I have the 4, 4S and the RAZR. The 4S is my daily driver on AT&T, the RAZR on Verizon. I had the N8 for awhile too. The 4S is better than the RAZR, but that's not a knock against the RAZR. It's very good. I wish I still had the N8 so I could do some side by side comparisons against the 4S, but my guess is the N8 would win. But it surely wouldn't win on the video side. The 4S does fantastic videos and stills.
This.

The 4S camera sensor does just nudge out the RAZR's, whereas the 4 was pretty crummy (not due to the sensor but to the processing). The N8, though, is in a class of its own for still shots. It's just that the pile of poo that is Symbian made the video suck.

The 4S is probably the best, all around shooter on a phone right now, but it's no better than the Xperia Arc (or any other Sony, since they're the same camera) and it's not pragmatically better than most of your high end stuff (RAZR, SGSII, etc.). I wouldn't care too much if they put the Sony sensor that the 4S has in my RAZR, but I would love to have the N8 sensor and Xenon flash even if it cost extra.