Plugging into a headphone jack makes my phone call my wife!!!

wseyller

Reaction score
Started this morning. This is a re-certified phone I got just before Christmas to replace my previous bionic. Every time I plug in the cord the dialer starts calling my wife. If I hit end call it goes away and quickly tries to call her again, and keeps trying no matter how many times I hit the end call. It immediately stops when I unplug it. It happens when plugging into my car cd player and a pair of headphones. Reboot doesn't help. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Thinking about doing a factory reset to see if it clears up. Rooted 5.5.893 OTA

jkliving92

Reaction score
Started this morning. This is a re-certified phone I got just before Christmas to replace my previous bionic. Every time I plug in the cord the dialer starts calling my wife. If I hit end call it goes away and quickly tries to call her again, and keeps trying no matter how many times I hit the end call. It immediately stops when I unplug it. It happens when plugging into my car cd player and a pair of headphones. Reboot doesn't help. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Thinking about doing a factory reset to see if it clears up. Rooted 5.5.893 OTA

Id take it to Verizon and show them.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Oh man! Don't ever plug the phone in when you are with your girlfriend!;) Yea, try the reset just to save yourself a trip to the store. If that doesn't work, time for another.

jkliving92

Reaction score
Oh man! Don't ever plug the phone in when you are with your girlfriend!;) Yea, try the reset just to save yourself a trip to the store. If that doesn't work, time for another.

Lol ^ yeah that might work.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
wseyller

wseyller

Reaction score
I thinking it gad something to do with the fact that using safestrap i also had an ics rom installed in safemode. I restored via the 5.5.893 fastboot and then rerooted. My issue is totally gone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ripper2860

Reaction score
And the moral of the story is ...

Never plug your jack anywhere you wouldn't want your wife to know about. :blink:

d1617

Reaction score
I have this same issue. I run with my phone listening to podcasts & it seems to want to dial the last number that was called. It happens so much I have been putting my phone into airplane mode just to stop it. I am rooted and on stock rom. This is my work phone & 2nd Droid 4. The first one kept getting very very hot & draining battery all the time, even with gps, wifi off and putting network into 3g. I love having a keyboard but am tempted to swap out for razr maxx.