Please , need help yesterday!! Criminal case evidence on droid I have to retrieve!!

bohdie12

Reaction score
Hi,
New to Droid world. Love my Droid, but she sustained water damage and the texts that were on it HAVE to be gotten at as evidence in a court case!! The phone probably shorted as she got really hot, and now is a brick. ANy chance in the world this can be retrieved???
Thanks so much!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you take your battery out and dry it out. Worse come to worse you can put your sdcard in another droid or sdcard reader to retrieve the data.

ljprevo

Reaction score
Why not get the text messages from the cell provider?

tktouch12

Reaction score
if its a court case i think you could get verizon techs to get them for you if its possible. or with court order verizon can get you the the texts

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
if its a court case i think you could get verizon techs to get them for you if its possible. or with court order verizon can get you the the texts

Correct! Has to go through the Verizon Legal Department though. Even if the police come into our corporate stores with a court order, we cannot give out any information or records of any kind.

OP
B

bohdie12

Reaction score
texts recovery

Thanks for responding as I am soo needing these. Verizon tells me they are not stored anywhere except the phone , not even on the SD card, so if the phone dies, the texts are gone. Seems to me they should be able to fix the phone as the data would be locked in there, even if it was water damage from rain/sweat/whatever. anyone know how to get them to help retreive the texts? thnks !!

OP
B

bohdie12

Reaction score
To Droid Does!

So if the texts can be provided upon court order...they are stored at verizon on a server somewhere and can be retrieved...yes..

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for responding as I am soo needing these. Verizon tells me they are not stored anywhere except the phone , not even on the SD card, so if the phone dies, the texts are gone. Seems to me they should be able to fix the phone as the data would be locked in there, even if it was water damage from rain/sweat/whatever. anyone know how to get them to help retreive the texts? thnks !!

That is correct, they're stored on the phone's memory. If you were rooted, I'd recommend Titanium and SMS Backup/Restore.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Okay, so you got your phone wet, then left the battery in and it got hot? It isnt powering on at all at this point? Be as specific as you can.

OP
B

bohdie12

Reaction score
yes it got wet

sweat and humidity got to her. red dot inside. will not power on at all. what does rooted mean?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your best bet is to go to verizon with a court order. More then likely the phone is toast.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
If you cant power on at all, and are not getting even the M logo, and cannot get anything from Verizon's legal department, I would guess your only chance would be to have a seriously skilled person do some desoldering of your memory chip from your motherboard to a new motherboard (this is assuming that the mem chip is not fried). But this is getting pretty intense to do this. Best bet would have been to pull the battery when it got wet and let it dry for days, turning it on when its wet is the biggest killer, but i wont go into all that as it is too late. Best bet is to try the legal route through Verizon. Best of luck.

Arcadian

Reaction score
All i had to do was have my lawyer call.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk