Please Help!!

thelastjedi76

Reaction score
I have the Droid 2 Star Wars Edition. I have had it since it came out and it has been a good phone. Recently I had issues with the phone and had to get a replacement from Verizon instead of the insurance company because the insurance company said they would not cover my issue. I had a touch screen that would do stuff on its on.. my camera wouldnt focus..

Verizon sent me a replacement phone. I set it up and my contacts transferred over. I did not get my WIFI access points and keycodes in the transfer. I need these for work. I still have the Original phone with the data I need on it. How do I transfer it over to the new phone? SO I can send back the broken phone..

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can't transfer Wifi information.

sajgel

Reaction score
I dont think your Wifi access points and keycodes are transferrable. What app do you use for the Wifi and keycodes. Might suggest Password keeper to see if you can save it to the SD card. But I am not sure.

OP
T

thelastjedi76

Reaction score
ok.. so tell me this.. I can go to the "broken" phone and set it up again.. it still has all my info on it.. wifi access points.. etc. How do I make that phone do a new backup of all the info on my phone? Im thinking if I go back to the old phone.. connect it to the verizon network again.. initiate a google back up of the phone settings and what not.. it says it will also do the wifi info.. I know how to go and check the option to back up that info.. but from what I can tell it doesnt do it.. Like it is waiting for a set scheduled time. How do I tell it to backup to google NOW?? I started with the droid 1.. went to the droid 2 star wars.. all my data.. (including wifi access points transferred) I'm a computer tech.. I go out to places to service their networks.. I have an awesome list of access points that I can use to get internet access in a pinch.. I NEED TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE SURE IT TRANSFERS OVER BEFORE I WIPE THE BROKEN ONE AND SEND IT BACK

OP
T

thelastjedi76

Reaction score
Under setting>privacy.. u see an option to back up contacts, wifi access points and passwords, etc to be backed up on your google account. I want to go on the old phone.. connect it... have google do a backup immediately on my phone and then take the replacement, reset it, set up the google account and have it do a restore of the backup I know has the wifi info in it.. How do you do this?

OP
T

thelastjedi76

Reaction score
I have tried the scenario out a few times.. but I can only see the phone actually contact google when I set up the account initially fresh from reload.. I have gone back to the old phone.. connected it to the network by doing *228 and choosing 1 to program.. That gives the old phone its connection to verizon again.. but the google account is still running on that phone.. long before I do that.. it stays connected on the wifi. good thing is I only have one battery. so the phone can not be on at the same time.. so there can not be and conceivable interference from 2 phone accessing the same google.gmail acct at the same time.. So when I go back to the old phone.. how do I initiate a backup to google?

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
I want to say that it backs up when you sync the account. I do not have access to my d2 to confirm however.
I wonder if you can access these files by rooting and a file manger. I have not tried this method so not sure.
Also, you dint need to have the old phone connected to verizon network for Google backup. It will do it over wifi.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I am not sure if this will work for you but it is worth a try. Try MyBackup to backup all your data and info from your old phone. It will back up the info to your sd card. Then see if it transfers to new phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
T

thelastjedi76

Reaction score
ok well Im gonna try the sync option once more.. if that doesnt work.. and the only way is to root the old phone and get access to that info that way.. How do I then tranfer that data into the replacement phone? do I need to root that one too?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
With MyBackup you do not need to root. Try that first because rooting will void your warranty on the phone you are sending back.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
With MyBackup you do not need to root. Try that first because rooting will void your warranty on the phone you are sending back.

True true, but if you unroot will Verizon still know, or even care?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm guessing that no, they won't. But it is a $500-600 risk.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Keep us posted. There may be other options if it doesn't work.

rjeatkrconley

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:
I'm guessing that no, they won't. But it is a $500-600 risk.

True true..that's why my phone is still stock. I won't do anything to it till its out of warranty..or the Max conversion is in stock:)