Please Help!

eye_dea

Reaction score
Ok DF Guru's... I have a new one for you... I have a Bionic, rooted with Th3ory Kin3tx v1, the OS version was 5.894. I wanted to try ICS but read I had to have .902 OTA. SO I figured I had to unroot to get the OTA because I wasn't getting it OTA with Kin3tx ROM. So using CWM, I went to restore factory and ignorantly just tried to Advance Restore / Restore System... I should have just selected basic restore the whole thing. Now, I can't get past the red M logo, what's even more f'ed is that if I try to boot on battery I don't get ANY action from the phone, if I plug into the computer USB the front camera flash turns on albeit very dimly... I can only get to the red M logo by plugging into an electrical outlet, which won't allow me to turn off and reboot using the Volumn up/down + Power buttom.

I'm actually kinda freaking out... I love my Bionic but am scared I pulled a really rookie move... yes I am an relative newb... thankfully I have a fully functioning rooted OG1...

Can someone help me unscrew myself?

1. You can not receive OTA's on custom ROMs.
2. Ever use RSDlite before? This should bring your phone back to life.

Reaction score
Ok DF Guru's... I have a new one for you... I have a Bionic, rooted with Th3ory Kin3tx v1, the OS version was 5.894. I wanted to try ICS but read I had to have .902 OTA. SO I figured I had to unroot to get the OTA because I wasn't getting it OTA with Kin3tx ROM. So using CWM, I went to restore factory and ignorantly just tried to Advance Restore / Restore System... I should have just selected basic restore the whole thing. Now, I can't get past the red M logo, what's even more f'ed is that if I try to boot on battery I don't get ANY action from the phone, if I plug into the computer USB the front camera flash turns on albeit very dimly... I can only get to the red M logo by plugging into an electrical outlet, which won't allow me to turn off and reboot using the Volumn up/down + Power buttom.

I'm actually kinda freaking out... I love my Bionic but am scared I pulled a really rookie move... yes I am an relative newb... thankfully I have a fully functioning rooted OG1...

Can someone help me unscrew myself?

First I'm guessing your battery is dead. Two options, call Verizon and have them charge you one to swap out, or make a charging cable for your battery that puts out only 5 volts. Yea RSDLite is what you need. I can't remember where but there is a really good tutorial on this now that lets you get back to stock and then perma root and then update.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"