Please Help!

voodoo73

Reaction score
I am trying to move some photos from my desktop to my droid x using the media share app. when i go to the app it shows my computer ip address, but when i touch the folder with the address on it it wants a log in. i put in the login info to login to that computer and it says login failure. i dont know what else it wants or what to do. Can someone help me?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am trying to move some photos from my desktop to my droid x using the media share app. when i go to the app it shows my computer ip address, but when i touch the folder with the address on it it wants a log in. i put in the login info to login to that computer and it says login failure. i dont know what else it wants or what to do. Can someone help me?

Did you try logging in without a password? Just hit enter?

I have a D2 but I have the media share thing as well. I'll look at it.

OP
V

voodoo73

Reaction score
Yes i have. Thanks. I have tried computer login info and network login info. Also my droid x doesn't show in windows explorer under entire network.

drneosmith

Reaction score
Are u wireless ore wired?

Hey I have the same problem, using Droid X with Media share over WiFi network.

I've Noticed that on my wireless laptop I'm able to log in easy with user name and password, however on my desktop which is hard wired to router, won't log in.

I did a quick search and it turns out that the built in Android Media/File share doesn't support "Anonymous Logins". Here's the link:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-general-discussions/99049-problems-media-share-droid-2-a.html

I really don't know what that means but i'll keep looking.

So I ask if you Have wireless or wired?

K4FX

Reaction score
My Droid 3 is doing the same thing, I have tried anonymous login and I have set up a user account, I keep getting an authentication failure.

kdw11005

Reaction score
My hubby is switching from an htc incredible to a D3. I was wondering if there is a way to put his 2GB sd card from his htc into the D3, move stuff off the sd card onto the phone storage, put in the 16GB card and move the stuff off phone storage back onto the new sd card. I uploaded the stuff off his sd card onto the computer to put it onto the new sd card but for whatever reason it won't let me put the files onto the new sd card. it says it's protected.....so any help would be great!

Reaction score
does he have the separate 16g sd card or is that the internal sd? the d3 has two sd cards. if he didnt get a sepearate external, just pop that bad boy in there. the slots under the battery cover, next to the sim card. hmmm.. or maybe if you have the external, take the 16g card out of the phone, and hook it up to w/e you used to transfer the data to the comp and move that way? does it say a particular file is protected , whats the exact message you get when you try to move the files?

i suppose you can also try putting the sd card in the phone, using Files (it came with the phone) to move the files from the 2g (/sdcard-ext) to the internal sd (/sdcard), poppin the 16 gig external sd card in, and moving the files back to /sdcard-ext.

good luck and i hope maybe someone else can chime in

ps: the 'external' sd card is actually inside the phone, and the internal one cant be physically accessed

Fr33dom

Reaction score
To clarify the last poster, the external sdcard is behind the battery door.

A couple things that may be different is that when you plug the USB into your phone it has several modes. If it is set to charge only, you may not be able to connect to it. The other is that the external card mounts as ext-sdcard or something like that. Finally, make sure the card is formatted and that the phone is done reading it before trying to use it.

doogald

Reaction score
You can access both the internal storage and the SD card from the great file manager app Astro File Manager. I have copied things between the two storage locations quite often.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Can you do the opposite? Put the D3 card in the incredible and move them to the D3's card. Just a thought

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

mikedyk43

Reaction score
In case you haven't resolved your issue yet, it sounds to me like you are dealing with a micro SD card that came with a standard SD adapter. If you check Anthe side of the adapter, you will probably find a switch. This switches between protected and unprotected mode on the micro SD card. The only way to unprotected the the micro SD card is to put it into the adapter with the switch in the "unprotected" position and then insert it into a computer. You can then put it into your phone and freely copy files to and from it using any file managing app. Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

debbie3doodles

Reaction score
This is my first time that I have ever rooted a phone. I have the Bionic and was trying the backup before I try messing around with my phone. Jumped on youtube and was following a video on backing up via ClockworkMod. Not paying attention to my phones screen (i know very stupid!) i followed all steps not realizing I only had 67MB of memory on my sd card and recieved an error message saying : Error while making a backup image of /system!

What do I need to do to get out of this without bricking my phone? Also do I need to do anything else b4 I try to backup again?

Thanks for all your help, much appreciated!

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Can't say I've ever run into this problem, but if you restart the phone it should boot normally. Did you load up CWM through Bionic Bootstrap? Also what update are you on? .902?

eye_dea

Reaction score
Erroring on making a backup should not harm your phone. Sounds like u need to delete some stuff or move it to the sd ext. What were u planning to do once u had a backup?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Thostifer

Reaction score
Ok DF Guru's... I have a new one for you... I have a Bionic, rooted with Th3ory Kin3tx v1, the OS version was 5.894. I wanted to try ICS but read I had to have .902 OTA. SO I figured I had to unroot to get the OTA because I wasn't getting it OTA with Kin3tx ROM. So using CWM, I went to restore factory and ignorantly just tried to Advance Restore / Restore System... I should have just selected basic restore the whole thing. Now, I can't get past the red M logo, what's even more f'ed is that if I try to boot on battery I don't get ANY action from the phone, if I plug into the computer USB the front camera flash turns on albeit very dimly... I can only get to the red M logo by plugging into an electrical outlet, which won't allow me to turn off and reboot using the Volumn up/down + Power buttom.

I'm actually kinda freaking out... I love my Bionic but am scared I pulled a really rookie move... yes I am an relative newb... thankfully I have a fully functioning rooted OG1...

Can someone help me unscrew myself?