Please help - navigation app

drunkclever

Reaction score
Some how butt deleted my stock Navigation app. I need it so bad right now... what should I do??

Beamed from my Droid RAZR MAXX

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for the North pointing arrow? It isn't there any more after the most recent updates and has been integrated into the maps app. But I don't have a Maxx so I could be wrong.

OP
D

drunkclever

Reaction score
Ahhh Haaa!!!!

Thanks guys!... for a minute I was say to myself what the hell

Beamed from my Droid RAZR MAXX

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you really want the old style back, you can "uninstall Updates" for Maps and it will come back. Others have done this and it works fine. Personally, I don't see the need as navagation is right in maps now.

I just verified that this does work if you really want the blue arrow back. I uninstalled updates to maps and the arrow magically came back then when I updated maps again, presto, it's gone.

pdoyle

Reaction score
Navigation arrow app

Same for me, once Maps is updated the navigation arrow app will be lost. I have difficulty with navigation in Maps, that I never had with Navigation with ICS. My friend's Galaxy S4 she just got a month ago with JB actually retains the blue Navigation arrow app...I don't get it.

4low4fun

Reaction score
If you uninstall updates to maps does that also uninstall any navigation data or is that all saved on googles servers?

derh2o

Reaction score
I had the same problem and was very frustrated loosing the app which was replaced by google maps. i turned off "automatic updates", & the original nav app came back. i think i was in the maps app when i hit the menu and saw that "automatic update" box where i removed the check mark. i have looked again for "automatic updates" and can't find it, that is why i think i was in "maps" when i did that.

ralbertina

Reaction score
Does anyone know the last Google Maps version that contained the Google Navigation function as a separate feature. I'm running Google Maps 7.14 and would like to move back to an earlier version that contained the separate Navigation Icon. I think the current functionality of Google Maps is great, but for navigation, I prefer the ease of use and functionality of the older Navigation function.:mad:

OP
D

drunkclever

Reaction score
Maybe going into apps and uninstalling updates would help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I got the arrow back after doing a FDR. Is there really any need to update the app?