I want to adjust and save a rout in my navigation. Help please....

mc1

Reaction score
So I have a particular route that I take several times a week visiting a client for work. However the navigation takes me a poor roundabout way, having me go past the location on one side of the highway, do a u-turn, and come back. I know an easier way that doesn't requrie me to do this, and I'd like to record the adjustment in the navigation so it takes me instead to the other side of the highway and doesn't require the u-turn farther down the road.

Any thoughts on how to do this? Is there anything inherent in the navigator (I couldn't find it myself) or a free app that as an add-on that will accomplish this?

Thanks for any help!!!!

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I have 2 different paid Navigation apps and I don't think either one of them will record a different route. They do offer me alternative routes tho... not sure you will find that in a free app but there are a couple in the play store you can try.

just out of curiosity if you know the better way to go why do you need it in a nav app?

OP
M

mc1

Reaction score
Well I don't know the full route but I know that the one that the navigator sends me to is a roundabout way that doesn't make sense. It takes me basically past my client's address and then back again. I don't know the way by heart, so I'm using the navigator, but I know generally the area I should get to, in order to make a simple turn to the highway my client is on. THat's why I figured I could make a waypoint, and save a location on the way where the navigator would re-route me to the end location address from there. Just seems like a simple feature.

Any suggestions?

Thx

bennyj

Reaction score
You might try getting on a computer and going into Google maps and setting up your route. Then from the navigation app select more then my maps and select your route.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would suggest setting the route in a PC as well. Vz navigator used to have this option, but too many people barreling down a one way, took care of this option.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I tried google maps and mapquest... so far I don't find such a feature in either of them. But I agree, it would be a useful feature to have, especially for those places you travel infrequently but you know there is a better way than what the navigation gives you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
An app like way point might do this. You set your own way points to get to your destination.

I've never used it though. But its a thought.

Also Google, make your own route on Google maps, it shows there is a way to do that. :D

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

ReverendOD

Reaction score
If you are using the Google Maps Navigator and you notice an isue with the route, go on google maps on your PC and suggest the alternate route. Ive suubmitted over a dozen route and road corrctons to google, all of which have been fixed in 3 months time with a nice email from the maps team letting me know it was changed per my suggestions. Just right click on the map and "report a Problem"

Last edited:

nikecar

Reaction score
Does Google maps or others, allow you to add multiple destinations? I was looking and didn't see the option.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

ReverendOD

Reaction score
I do not believe you can.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Mapquest allows multiple destinations. And in another thread, copilot and sygic were suggested and look to be excellent navigation tools with those features and more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

pjo1966

Reaction score
On your computer you can create a map with multiple destinations and save it under MyMaps. You can retrieve that map from your phone, but that wouldn't really help here because as soon as you hit one destination, you have to pick the next destination on the map. What happens when you try to select an alternate route from within the app? Does your preferred route show up there?

I've never bothered looking into other nav apps because Google Maps does everything I need. What do the other apps do that Google doesn't?

<------- Realtor and power maps user.

SallyC

Reaction score
Does Google maps or others, allow you to add multiple destinations? I was looking and didn't see the option.

Unfortunately not. I haven't tried it, but BestRoute Pro (they also have a free version) says it will do that.

I find the easiest way for me mark someplace I go to frequently is to search for it using Google Maps, then use tap on the > by the bubble marker and in the pop up that shows gives you the option to map, call, etc. click on the star in the upper right corner. Now it's in "My Places" which is one of the pull down choices in the upper left when looking at a Google Map.

When I want to go someplace, I click on My Places, select the entry, then Directions and Navigate.

nikecar

Reaction score
On your computer you can create a map with multiple destinations and save it under MyMaps. You can retrieve that map from your phone, but that wouldn't really help here because as soon as you hit one destination, you have to pick the next destination on the map. What happens when you try to select an alternate route from within the app? Does your preferred route show up there?

I've never bothered looking into other nav apps because Google Maps does everything I need. What do the other apps do that Google doesn't?

<------- Realtor and power maps user.

well I can't really use that because it was for a friend that doesn't have access to a computer just a smartphone . he does deliveries but his stand alone gps isn't very good. it won't organize the destinations based on the best route only the order that he can put them . he's new to the area and the area is fairly large so he doesn't know how close are where things are without the gps . I offered for him to call me and I can route the directions online and then give them back to him in order so he can input them

nikecar

Reaction score
Tried the bestroute free and that is exactly what my buddy needed. He has anywhere from 40-60 stops so this should help him a ton.