Please help me:(

OP
penut_gallery

penut_gallery

Reaction score
The utility is definitely a great download...

If you want to reroot, try this... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198057-2-3-6-now-has-root-method.html - if you run into issues, the full utility you are downloading will be your next step.
so i should wait for the toolkit and then root? but what about superuseless? i cant get rid of it? i did clear all the data, but that was the last thing i did to it, with it, whatever...
will it get in the way of rooting again?

OP
penut_gallery

penut_gallery

Reaction score
Missed the joke...steal what?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
right, like i said im new to ALL of this
smalltowngirl has a droid banner which i find sooooo adorable:)
i would steal it from her but she might notice...
im hoping she will tell me where to get my own:)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
so i should wait for the toolkit and then root? but what about superuseless? i cant get rid of it? i did clear all the data, but that was the last thing i did to it, with it, whatever...

If you are on 2.3.6 now, you can use the link in my post above to download the new root exploit for 2.3.6 - this would save you from waiting for the utility to download...Once you are rooted, your superuser icon should be again useful...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

I am guilty of reading into...rather than simply reading your initial post. SmallTownGirl13 has clearly done a better job than I of understanding what you want. I misunderstood your OP to mean that you WANTED to roll back to the earlier version and root. I apologize. I sometimes have a problem where I don't RTFQ (Read The Full Question) before interpreting what is being asked. You can (as STG stated) re-root your phone with the new exploit. Might I also suggest that you download Doomlord's Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from the Market and (hopefully) protect your root from losing it with future updates?

FYI:
Superuser is an app but it's not installed like other apps, and so it can be deleted, but with a root-based app explorer. Since it's in the root portion of the phone's storage, you have to be rooted to remove it.

Clearing data will not delete anything from the apps storage area. What you can do to be sure you're back to stock before going forward is to do a Factory Reset, however it will delete ALL your apps, ALL your personal settings, and essentially the phone will be the way it came out of the box. It's a drastic measure but sometimes its the only way to resolve nagging problems that just won't go away.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
penut_gallery said:
right, like i said im new to ALL of this
smalltowngirl has a droid banner which i find sooooo adorable:)
i would steal it from her but she might notice...
im hoping she will tell me where to get my own:)

here you go...
bluedroidlogo.jpg

OP
penut_gallery

penut_gallery

Reaction score
Superuser is an app but it's not installed like other apps, and so it can be deleted, but with a root-based app explorer. Since it's in the root portion of the phone's storage, you have to be rooted to remove it.

Clearing data will not delete anything from the apps storage area. What you can do to be sure you're back to stock before going forward is to do a Factory Reset, however it will delete ALL your apps, ALL your personal settings, and essentially the phone will be the way it came out of the box. It's a drastic measure but sometimes its the only way to resolve nagging problems that just won't go away.
well after the update, i was forced to reset cause i couldnt get in to my phone any other way :(
like i said,i am new to this but learning, i got freaked out and ran to the nearby store (felt like i was taking a patient to the ER) and the dude at the store told me that i wasnt the only one with that problem. the droids had a bug. sad, sad day :( anyway ive been trying to figure it out since then. my poor droid:( so paralyzed, so limited :(

OP
penut_gallery

penut_gallery

Reaction score
Report back after you try the link that FK has posted...good luck!
i am soooooooooooooooo happy to report we r rooted again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank u soooooooooooooooooooo much:biggrin:
u r my and "Andrew"s hero ("Andrew" is my Android )
now just waiting on the tool kit:)

OP
penut_gallery

penut_gallery

Reaction score
I am guilty of reading into...rather than simply reading your initial post. SmallTownGirl13 has clearly done a better job than I of understanding what you want. I misunderstood your OP to mean that you WANTED to roll back to the earlier version and root. I apologize. I sometimes have a problem where I don't RTFQ (Read The Full Question) before interpreting what is being asked. You can (as STG stated) re-root your phone with the new exploit. Might I also suggest that you download Doomlord's Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from the Market and (hopefully) protect your root from losing it with future updates?

FYI:

thank u soooooo much for ur help:biggrin:
"Andrew" and i r rooted again:biggrin: ("Andrew" is my Android)
u guys r awesome and very patient:)
just waiting on the toolkit to download and we will be set
in the future, il try to only ask when i have no other choice :)