Please help me find an app for email notifications

CrashnBrn

Reaction score
Hi,

Here is my situation, I have to go "on-call" on my job. I have a separate gmail account for them to page me when I'm needed.

I would like an app that no matter what my other volume settings are, would alert me when this gmail account gets an email. For example at 2am, I don't want my other email accounts waking me up when they get an email or text messages, just this one specific account.

I've found many apps that can do it with phone calls, or even the opposite, but nothing that will do what I'm looking for.

Thanks.

Edit: Also if this isn't the right section for this can an mod please move it?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Most E-Mail apps have their own notification settings as does G-Mail. You should be able to turn audible notifications on in G-Mail and off in most other apps. Ifc an app you are using can't do that you could get another app or tell it to not automatically check the mail.

OP
C

CrashnBrn

Reaction score
Most E-Mail apps have their own notification settings as does G-Mail. You should be able to turn audible notifications on in G-Mail and off in most other apps. Ifc an app you are using can't do that you could get another app or tell it to not automatically check the mail.

That's what I've been doing, but then every time I want to change everything to vibrate I need to go into all of my email accounts individually (5+ accounts) and change the notifications on each one which is time consuming. Especially when I just need it on vibrate for a couple of hours. I just need something that will let me change notification independently for email accounts while ignore the overall phone mode (silent, vibrate, etc)

For example. I can have one account use the phone standard, while the other one is always on loud.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Kaiten Mail has the ability to control each account individually or change the notifications globally. I don't know if the volume of the notification can get that fine grained but there are quite a few options for the notifications. This is off the wall but it sounds like you could use G-Mail and possibly more than one additional mail client, but I think Kaiten would do it, it;s $5 well spent in my opinion.

OP
C

CrashnBrn

Reaction score
Kaiten Mail has the ability to control each account individually or change the notifications globally. I don't know if the volume of the notification can get that fine grained but there are quite a few options for the notifications. This is off the wall but it sounds like you could use G-Mail and possibly more than one additional mail client, but I think Kaiten would do it, it;s $5 well spent in my opinion.

Thanks leeshor I will check it out.