Best email app?

djc59

Reaction score
I have 2 email addresses synced to my phone. My gmail syncs great with the gmail app, but my school address (imap) is synced with the other stock app and it never syncs my emails correctly. Its a microsoft live account. I want an app that can manage both accounts. What is best for that?

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

kraxyk

Reaction score
I have 2 email addresses synced to my phone. My gmail syncs great with the gmail app, but my school address (imap) is synced with the other stock app and it never syncs my emails correctly. Its a microsoft live account. I want an app that can manage both accounts. What is best for that?

I think your best option is going to be linking your school account into your gmail

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
D

djc59

Reaction score
How do I do that? So that will forward all my school emails to my gmail inbox? What will happen if I reply, will it reply with my gmail or school address?

kraxyk

Reaction score
How do I do that? So that will forward all my school emails to my gmail inbox? What will happen if I reply, will it reply with my gmail or school address?

Well it should be under settings then accounts. Yes you will be able to chose which email to send from. Also have you tried the stock email app? I don't believe it supports multiple accounts but its a second separate app. Should already be in your phone

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try it as the previous poster said. If that doesn't work then contact your schools IT department. I'm not sure what they do, I've just read a lot of post by people who are students who have had issues.

theidoctor

Reaction score
The stock email apparently does support multiple accounts. I have 2 yahoo accounts with it. But I never thought Microsoft's email was any good. I say forward to Gmail also. That's what I do with mine.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
D

djc59

Reaction score
Is there just a good email app I can dl that will handle both my gmail and other imap email? The stock one is garbage.

kraxyk

Reaction score
Is there just a good email app I can dl that will handle both my gmail and other imap email? The stock one is garbage.

I don't know of any sorry. Your better off forwarding it to your gmail. You really are.

jhalsey205

Reaction score
Check out K9 email. I have 4 email accounts: 3 google apps and a personal gmail (all imap). K9 supports universal inbox and more.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
D

djc59

Reaction score
I could but I don't want it mixed with with my gmail. Can I seperate it in different folders?

kraxyk

Reaction score
Check out K9 email. I have 4 email accounts: 3 google apps and a personal gmail (all imap). K9 supports universal inbox and more.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

I personally wouldn't use this app. I have had a lot of trouble with this app. The app is buggy and even verizon couldn't get it working.

harrellj

Reaction score
I could but I don't want it mixed with with my gmail. Can I seperate it in different folders?

Yes, the universal inbox just lets you see messages from both accounts simultaneously, but you don't have to use that view. I have 2 IMAP accounts set up with it as well with no problems (both Gmail).

@kraxyk what problems were you having? I rarely see people having problems with k9 on this forum and most of those are generally fixed.

OP
D

djc59

Reaction score
I meant if I link my school address to my gmail, can I have the emails come in seperately instead of mixing my inbox?

kraxyk

Reaction score

Yes, the universal inbox just lets you see messages from both accounts simultaneously, but you don't have to use that view. I have 2 IMAP accounts set up with it as well with no problems (both Gmail).

@kraxyk what problems were you having? I rarely see people having problems with k9 on this forum and most of those are generally fixed.

For me its laggy, has errors and sometimes doesn't work with email accounts. It also seems to force close a lot

Reaction score
I have been using K9 for awhile now for my 3 different email accounts and have had no problems with it. I like it a lot better than the stock email app.