Please Help! Bricked my Droid Bionic and I am desperately in need of assistance!

Bonsuego

Reaction score
Dear Forum-

Recently I was forced to update to Jelly bean. I couldn't stand it even in the slightest, due to the changes made to the Voice Search. I successfully rooted my phone, but in my attempts to install a custom Rom onto my droid bionic I managed to brick the phone and I am at my wits end trying to fix it. I live and die by this phone, and if it goes kaput I don't know what I will do. Please help if you know how!

Here is what the link to the ROM I tried to install:
BLURR3D ROM for Rooted Droid Bionic! [Best ROM] | Droid Bionic Root

Here is what I did: I booted into clockwork recovery and performed a factory reset and cleared the dalvik cache. I did not format the drive, and I think this is the reason I have a bricked phone. When I installed the rom it said it had installed successfully, but now when I try to boot up it goes straight from the Motorola logo to a blank screen. I can't get it to do anything. I have RSD Lite installed, and I have attempted to correct my problems with that. Unfortunately, it produces an error that says "FAILED FLASHING PROCESS: 6/21 flash cdt.bin"cdt.bin" Phone returned FAIL". Please help! Any advice would be strongly, strongly appreciated!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Dear Forum-

Recently I was forced to update to Jelly bean. I couldn't stand it even in the slightest, due to the changes made to the Voice Search. I successfully rooted my phone, but in my attempts to install a custom Rom onto my droid bionic I managed to brick the phone and I am at my wits end trying to fix it. I live and die by this phone, and if it goes kaput I don't know what I will do. Please help if you know how!

Here is what the link to the ROM I tried to install:
BLURR3D ROM for Rooted Droid Bionic! [Best ROM] | Droid Bionic Root
Here is what I did: I booted into clockwork recovery and performed a factory reset and cleared the dalvik cache. I did not format the drive, and I think this is the reason I have a bricked phone. When I installed the rom it said it had installed successfully, but now when I try to boot up it goes straight from the Motorola logo to a blank screen. I can't get it to do anything. I have RSD Lite installed, and I have attempted to correct my problems with that. Unfortunately, it produces an error that says "FAILED FLASHING PROCESS: 6/21 flash cdt.bin"cdt.bin" Phone returned FAIL". Please help! Any advice would be strongly, strongly appreciated!
please try using the JB fxz, let me know if that still fails at the CDT flash

OP
B

Bonsuego

Reaction score
please try using the JB fxz, let me know if that still fails at the CDT flash

Actually I did fix it! Thank you so much for the reply! The file I used for the fxz was the 9.8.2O-72 using RSD Lite. Thanks again!