Playstation Network gets hacked!

OP
J

J5311

Reaction score
some say the issue is a calender/ clock.... i highly doubt its that simple.... my watch which is older then a ps3 says its the first of march.... its right. i think the ps3 can handle that

pyro6128

Reaction score
mine is down too, but I can still play games. Just no network access.

NVash

Reaction score
I read online last night that alot of people lost game saves and trophies. I have a newer PS3 and have yet to take it online.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I read online last night that alot of people lost game saves and trophies. I have a newer PS3 and have yet to take it online.

So nothing really lost, right? Just the network was hacked and not users machines...Correct?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Game play is okay on mine just no network access...but oh well, I have my droid..LOL

MotorolaDroid

Reaction score
i cant play CODMW2 at all, not even off line. goddamnit. i better not have lost all my stuff i just got to ranking 69 online too :(

OP
J

J5311

Reaction score
Sony: "Do not use your PS3" until glitch is fixed : Ben Patterson : Yahoo! Tech

PlayStation.Blog : The official PlayStation blog for all of your PLAYSTATION 3, PlayStation 2 and PSP news.
Latest info on PlayStation Network Status

Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media
As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.
We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.
Errors include:

• The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
  • When the user tries to sign in to the PlayStation Network, the following
    message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been
    signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
  • When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears
    on the screen and the trophy data may disappear
    ; “Failed to install
    trophies. Please exit your game.”
  • When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the
    Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date
    and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
  • Users are not able to play back certain rental video downloaded from the
    PlayStation Store before the expiration date.
We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.
As mentioned above, please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologize for any inconvenience caused.
For the latest status on this situation please continue to check either the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.

Last edited:

joky123

Reaction score
If I set the speakers to 4 speaker output, the dialogue can be heard, but I lose the surround.