Placement of symbols in texting

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by as20xc, May 14, 2011.

1. as20xc

as20xc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was just wondering if there is anyway to change how symbols automatically remove a space between it and the previous word...for example if I type a word[space]$10 it will show up as word$ 10 instead of word $10. It just gets annoying to have to always go back and change it whenever I use a symbol.

2. NiceGuysFinishLast

Ratings:
    +0
    It's just an error with the stock keyboard. If you use any of the keyboard replacements in the market, it goes away.

3. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    But then you loose spell check with the physical keyboard. This is what prevents me from using gingerbread keyboard.

4. Lenagainster

Lenagainster Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It annoyed me as well and there didn't seem to be an upgrade in sight to fix it, so I switched to SwiftKey (after trying others like Swype) and it is no longer a problem. SwiftKey does suggest words and in that sense is a spelling checker. After a while, you find yourself typing less and less, using the suggested words.
    BTW: I thought I could never do without a physical keyboard and that is why I chosed the Droid2. However, after using SwiftKey, I rarely slide out and use the physical keyboard. My next phone won't have one.

Search tags for this page
android texting symbols space
htc rezound symbols used in texting

symbols for texting android

texting symbols on htc phone
where do you find texting symbols for a droid phone?