Pictures not appearing right away in gallery ???

swcramer

Reaction score
Motorola Droid using combination of stock gallery, stock camera, Pro Zoom 5x, PicSay Pro, and HideNSeek apps when dealing with photos.

I most recently installed Pro Zoom 5x and HideNSeek. Suddenly I am noticing that pics that I take do not appear in the gallery. I take another pic and the first one MAY suddenly appear. Or, like today, I took about 5 shots to get the one that looked best to me. Went to the gallery and only one shot was there and not the one I wanted. A couple hours later, I went into the gallery to show someone a pic and all the other shots were there?!

I have only two pics hidden with HideNSeek just to try it out. Otherwise I don't do anything with it yet. There doesn't seem to be an issue.

I have used Astro File Manager to look around the folders and still can not find the "missing" pics - that eventually show up.

Feeling crazy. Feeling untrusting of third party apps. Anyone point me in a direction to figure this out? Much thanks! :icon_eek:

-scott

JayMonster

Reaction score
The Gallery by default reads a single directory, but periodically scans the rest of the phone for pictures. So apps that save the files in a different directory will only show up the next time the Gallery "scans" the phone for more images.

Depending on the app, you may be able to tell it to save directly into the /sdcard/DCIM/camera directory then the picture should show up immediately.

OP
swcramer

swcramer

Reaction score
follow up question

How does the gallery order the images? Name? Date? It does not appear to be ordering by date right now. Things seem a little jumbled. All I need is the most recent picture at the top and the oldest picture at the bottom.

Android / Droid is awesome but not for the faint of heart. :motdroidvert:

JayMonster

Reaction score
As I understand it, they are ordered by name... but the name in the case of the default camera is date and then number. So anything you pull in from another source will be "jumbled in" by that.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can always use SDrescan to 're-recognize' your SD card after downloading pictures if they're not showing up in the gallery. Same as un-mounting and mounting your SD card physically.

jenniferchoi

Reaction score
I just got this phone for my husband and I'm surprizing him with it for christmas. I am trying to download photos to the phone and have done so somewhat successfully. The problem I am having now is that I have downloaded 14 pics and they are showing up on my SD on my computer but when I go to my gallery only 9 pics are showing as downloaded. Please help! I am not a techy person and this phone is about to get it!

tengoku

Reaction score
I am having the same issues, the pictures that I save from facebook are not showing up in the gallery right away......

kbarron123

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue, When i take a picture with the default Camera App then go to the gallery to view the picture it does not appear. This is frustrating because If i take a picture then want to send it in a MMS it is not available to send. Sometimes for over an hour before it appears in the gallery.

If i try to get around this and just click on the picture from the camera app then click share, the To: field does not query the address book so it makes it almost impossible to send to someone in my contacts. Very frustrating.

I see lots of others who have posted the same issue and I hope this gets more attention.

rhelenez

Reaction score
Help

I'm having similar issues as most of you. I take a picture and picture does not appear on the upper right hand corner in the gallery and picture is not saved anywhere. Keep on taking pictures but no pictures get saved. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.