pictures getting corrupted please help =0

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Hey guys
I have the 64gb sandisk micro SD card(sdxc) for my gs4and lately I've been having problems with my saved pics. They show that logo with the lighting bolt and the face implying that the photos are corrupt. This had happened several times. I would take a photo it would be on there for awhile but eventually it would become corrupt. I read somewhere that the gs4 doesn't cope well with the 64gb card for pics.
Anybody have any suggestions? It would suck to have to get a new card, especially because I got a great deal on the 64gb last black Friday awhile back.
Hoping I could solve this. I rely on it a lot to take pics of class notes, some which just got deleted...-_- thanks again in advance.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I also meant to mention other wierd issues. Old pics that I would delete would reappear after turning on the phone again. I don't know why. I figured deleting old pics to clear memory would help but I guess not. I also noticed that I'm able to view more pics on my PC when my card is in the adaptor.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
You are correct. The S4 does not cooperate well at all with any SD card larger than 32GB. Nobody can understand why Samsung has not admitted it's a big problem. Some very old 64GB cards seem to work but not newer ones.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
You are correct. The S4 does not cooperate well at all with any SD card larger than 32GB. Nobody can understand why Samsung has not admitted it's a big problem. Some very old 64GB cards seem to work but not newer ones.

I wish I knew that before buying it.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I appreciate your feedback. Do you think there would be anyway to solve the issue?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
No. Once the card stops working correctly it's usually unusable from then on. Something about the mechanics of the S4 tends to destroy the card.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
No. Once the card stops working correctly it's usually unusable from then on. Something about the mechanics of the S4 tends to destroy the card.
I mean I haven't had any problems storing music and other media. Should I just get a 32gb?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Music does not seems to be an issue. Pics are.

wardo

Reaction score
Is this the case with a note 2 as well?

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
So I guess I should downgrade to 32gb? Would formatting the stick I have now do anything? What a deal breaker I had no complaints until now..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
You should be ok with a 32.

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Does anybody think that my 64gb memory stick is actually damaged by the phone?? Or is it simply that the phone doesn't play well with the stick??

OP
T

TuBitMittens

Reaction score

Wait so the card is actually destroyed? Like if I was to use it with another device would I experience the same issue?