Picked up an Incredible today, one problem...

wirezd

Reaction score
my SDcard that came prepackaged with my original Moto Droid doesn't work with it. The incredible came with a 2gb card but I'd much prefer to use the card that has all of my files on it and that has more space.

It can read the 2gb card, but when I put in the 16gb card it simply doesn't recognize it. Anybody know what I can do? Thanks.

Droidfish

Reaction score
I recently did the exact same thing as you after getting an incredible through a buy one get one deal and it worked fine after justing swapping the 2gb with the 16gb so I think with a little effort we can figure out why yours isn't cooperating.

Droidfish

Reaction score
You'll want to copy the files off, (maybe by mounting your old droid?) and THEN formatting because it will erase your files.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are going to have to format it for the Dinc - use a computer and a card reader and copy all of the files off of the card and then erase it completely - put it in your incredible and power it up - go into settings/sd and phone storage and unmount card and then choose format then remount when it is done

You can then connect to your computer via USB and copy your files back over - keep in mind not all files can go back to the card v there are some Droid specific files like android secure and a few others that the Dinc will write itself during format make sure you don't overwrite these with the ones from the Droid

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

OP
W

wirezd

Reaction score
Hmmm...

Have you tried formatting it on your computer?

You'll want to copy the files off, (maybe by mounting your old droid?) and THEN formatting because it will erase your files.
Great idea. Good thing I posted this before selling it. Going to try this now. I'll let you guys know if I encounter any issues.

Thanks. :)