Phone wont activate

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Was switching roms and now my phone wants to be activated but *228 wont work. Im from US but am in Canada right now so that might have something to do with it. I tried the manual activation that peter alfonso has on his site but I dont know what my phones min # is. Can anyone help...I have a droid 1

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Give the VZW customer service folks (*611) a call. Tell them you are in Canada and want to update everything (options 1 and 2).

Hope you get your phone going.

Mike

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
thanks but *611 wont work either says number you have dialed cannot be completed please check the number and dial again. That is the same thing it says when dialing *228

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure this will correct the issue but restore a good backup and see if that will get you running then when you return to the US flash the new rom.

Mike

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Mike thanks for your help. When I restored an old backup it was still asking to be activated. My wife called and the verizon rep told me to do this on my droid.

Tap phone icon
then enter, ##7764726
Tap phone icon
SPC passcode
tap white box (I'm not sure what I wrote here, but I know it's tap white something)
then enter, 000000
verify
user activate
delete existing MIN#
enter your cell number
delete existing MDN#
enter your cell number
tap cdma system id box
press done
then home key

thanks for your help and hope this helps anyone else out if they get stuck like me. Yes my phone is back to normal now haha.:icon_ banana:

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you got your phone working and thanks for sharing the fix.

Mike