Phone shows boot, starts, but black screen

dflguy

Reaction score
Hi All,

So, my digitizer cracked a week ago. When replacing it, I ripped the LCD cable.

So, I replaced the digitizer and LCD with a brand new model yesterday.

When I power on the phone, it shows the HTC logo, then doesn't show anything and is unresponsive to unlocking via-power button. I can hear the volume buttons when I move it up or down. I can hear incoming calls, texts, alerts, etc, but cannot see anything.

I've tried clearing memory, factory reset (which i know worked because ring-tone has changed), etc.

The MicroSD card seems to get extremely hot now.

Any ideas here?

I'm 6 months from a free upgrade and have already sunk $100 bucks into fixing this with over night shipping the parts. I've been with Verizon for over 10 years, so I may just go and beg for some help with the upgrade if I can't get this resolved.

(The vibrate motor no longer works, so I didn't bother putting that back in when I reassembled. )

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
This is precisely why you should carry insurance. That $100 would have gotten you a new working phone. If you don't have someone you know that can get in and fix whatever is broken, then your next best bet is Craigslist, Ebay, or Swappa.

OP
D

dflguy

Reaction score
MrSmith317,

I appreciate the response. I checked prices on a used Rezound before I began the repair process. I understand that's an option.

However, I don't believe insurance on a phone, or any electronic gadget, is a worthy investment.

Mike

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
MrSmith317,

I appreciate the response. I checked prices on a used Rezound before I began the repair process. I understand that's an option.

However, I don't believe insurance on a phone, or any electronic gadget, is a worthy investment.

Mike

Everyone has the right to their own opinion. I personally just couldn't take one accident costing me $700(Note 2)

OP
D

dflguy

Reaction score
Gotcha. To each his own.

Anyhow, I was thinking maybe it's a software issue since the HTC screen shows up, so obviously the LCD is working. I've read a bit about people saying that they had this problem, but flashed an RUU that fixed it. Since the Micro SD is getting hot, perhaps there is hardware issues causing it not to show up?

Anyhow, if anyone has a suggestion, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Mike