HTC Rezound screen black

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by Emmetkelly, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Emmetkelly

Emmetkelly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I cracked the screen of my phone, so I ordered a new digitizer. While repairing the digitizer, I broke the LCD. Now I replaced the LCD, but the screen is black. I feel the phone vibrate when it turns on, but nothing happens with the screen. I don't see any reason why it's not working since everything is plugged in. Any ideas?

2. bradyglover29

bradyglover29 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the exact same problem and this is the only post I could find on the situation would love to know what you figured out and how u fixed it if at all thanks

3. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

Ratings:
    +31
    I'm not trying to be wise, but manually replacing anything on these phones is a gamble. You could have more damage than you think or an incorrect part. For the cost of parts/time/labor, you could have spent the $99 for the insurance deductible and moved on.

4. DaniD

DaniD New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've cracked my screen as well. Unfortunately, I don't have insurance on my phone. Couldn't afford it, and now that I've had the phone for about 9 months, I'm pretty much out of luck.

I broke my screen almost 2 months ago. My phone is still working just fine, but now I'm noticing that the glass seems to be cracking even more every day. I've talked to a few places about replacing my screen and they all told me the same thing: On this phone, the LCD and touchscreens are attached which makes replacement of one piece extremely hard. They all suggest buying the parts pre-attached to make replacement ever so slightly easier. I've seen this part online for around $90. Now to find out how much they want to charge me to replace it.....

Search tags for this page
android htc rezound black screen
black flickering screen on droid rezound
black screen on htc rezound

htc rezound black screen

htc rezound blank screen

htc rezound screen goes black

htc rezound screen is blank but phone is on
htc rezound screen replacement
htc rezound screen went black
why is my htc rezound screen black after changing screen