Phone Screen won't cut on

JbO0613

Reaction score
Ok, the title is misleading, the screen of my OG Droid will cut on but nothing comes on. I have had the phone since it came out, so it is not covered under manufacturer or Verizon warranty. I have dropped it a couple of times but have had a case on it and haven't dropped it in a while. If I let the phone "cut on" for a few minutes after a battery pull, the backlight will cut on and off with the press of the power button and the LED light will blink where i have a notification. I have read through the net and can not find anything to help! If someone can point me in the right direction or to another thread please do!
Thanks in advance for you help.
I am only a couple of months from an upgrade, probably the Bionic, or if what the local Verizon rep told me is true about the Droid X2 then I will go with that, so i really don't want to buy an $89 replacement!

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
If i read your post correctly it sounds your screen wont display anything... You have the backlight coming on and off but display wont work. Your LCD might be fried..

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I would check craigslist for someone who could repair it for $30 - $40 until your upgrade. At least you would be able to sell it after as used.