Issue Cutting Screen On

Caligula2008

Reaction score
So my phone goes completely dead last night and I charge it and boot it up. Now after I let the screen cut off I can't cut it back on. Its not that my button doesn't work because it will either flash the lock screen real quick or my home screen and then go back black.

The only way I can get into my phone and use it is to battery pull and reboot and then do everything I need without letting the screen cut off...

I would just take back to Verizon but I've rooted and unlocked the boot loader so I'm worried about warranty. Haven't flashed recovery yet so no nandroid to try. I welcome any suggestions.

A possible related note I checked the tab inside and battery tab which have x's which mean water damage. Don't ever believe I got it wet at all and gave no clue how ling they've said that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
C

Caligula2008

Reaction score
The phone still works great if I keep the screen on from boot up... I'm currently managing this with a tasker profile and just keeping it plugged in to save battery. This is really baffling me, however.

One thing I've noticed is that the phone works even when the screen isn't on. Like when I press the lock button and my lock screen flashes, I can still slide to unlock like normal and press buttons the bottom buttons on home screen. I can tell its working because of haptic feedback. I have to press the lock button twice in order to get the screen to flash the lick screen again presumably once to cut the screen back off and once back on.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Did you install light flow?

If you did, make sure you uncheck the box to control the alternate LED.

throwbot

Reaction score
Are the x's on the water mark red? Im pretty sure that when they get wet they change color, so if you are pretty sure that the phone hasnt gotten any water damage then it probably hasn't.

If I were you, I would definitely take it back to Verizon. As long as your phone is still responding to your adb commands then its a piece of cake to take it back to stock, and with your sdk folder already set up it will only take you a couple of minutes to re-root.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/12/1...the-bootloader-and-return-to-a-factory-state/

OP
C

Caligula2008

Reaction score
Did you install light flow?

If you did, make sure you uncheck the box to control the alternate LED.

This was it! Forgot I even changed that setting last night. Really appreciate the help and glad I didnt have to take it back!!