Phone Randomly Turns Off

Jdt283

Reaction score
I dont know why, but my phone randomly turns off and doesnt turn back on. it only seemed to happen ever since i manually updated to 4.0.4. any suggestions on how/if i can fix it?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you installed any other apps after updating to 4.0.4?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I dont know why, but my phone randomly turns off and doesnt turn back on. it only seemed to happen ever since i manually updated to 4.0.4. any suggestions on how/if i can fix it?

Which 4.0.4 "manual update" did you use?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Either of you using a custom kernel, or modified settings within kernel? Governor, voltage, speeds?

siggy_freud

Reaction score
Mine also suffers from this problem and is 100% stock. Haven't had time to return it yet and swap for a new one. This is just one of the MANY issues mine is currently experiencing.

N3xus

Reaction score
I have the same problem, I'm on my fourth nexus and all of them have rebooted countless times... I'm stock also not rooted

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Mooselodge24

Reaction score
I will tell you all this from my experience. I called Verizon and spoke to them about my phone b/c i'm actually on my 2nd one of the first generation of these phones. They said this is a big known problem and are working on a software update to try and fix it. They have no idea when an "update" will come out. They said they can keep sending phones, but since it's all same software, nothing is really gonna get fixed until then. Also mentioned was that if I was continually having problems, they could work on getting me a different phone as like a "lateral" move, which would be the Razr Maxx. I spoke to them 2 weeks ago. They are supposed to call me by Thurs/Fri this week to see how things have been and mine has been worse. Doing it in middle of phone calls more often and whatnot. Thinking I may just go the Maxx route if it works out b/c it's annoying to deal with.

Nick D

Reaction score
My phone is stock, ordered it the first day. Most times it does a shutdown at nighttime after the phone. Now yesterday the phone did while I was using it. It's getting frustrating, but if it truly is software, then hopefully a fix will be out soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Do a factory reset and do not install any apps. Run it without any apps for a few days, see if it still reboots. I bet it's an app or multiple apps that are not yet compatible with ICS causing the problem.

hmjfic

Reaction score
Do a factory reset and do not install any apps. Run it without any apps for a few days, see if it still reboots. I bet it's an app or multiple apps that are not yet compatible with ICS causing the problem.

My phone made it less than 2 hours after a full factory/hard reset before it turned itself off. I dont have to pull the battery like some report to get it to turn back on. The frequency appears to be increasing. It turned itself off 3 times in an hour last night. Since the reset I've not downloaded a single app, not modified any settings at all. It's 100% stock as if it came out of the box.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
hmjfic said:
My phone made it less than 2 hours after a full factory/hard reset before it turned itself off. I dont have to pull the battery like some report to get it to turn back on. The frequency appears to be increasing. It turned itself off 3 times in an hour last night. Since the reset I've not downloaded a single app, not modified any settings at all. It's 100% stock as if it came out of the box.

Looks like you may want to try and get a replacement. I don't believe that's normal at all.