Phone keeps rebooting and then saying activation is complete, 4 times in 4 days!!

techinv

Reaction score
Running 4.0.4 rooted. Phone has been fine up until 3 days ago and now seems to be randomly rebooting about once a day.

When I put in my unlock pattern, I see the "Activation is complete" screen.

Yesterday, and the day before, this happened unbeknownst to me while the phone was in my pocket.

Just now, it happened during the middle of a call.

The only change that I could think of that could be causing this is the upgrade to "Play Store", so I backed that out last night
and then received the OTA update.

Anyone else seen anything like this behavior?

If not, I think I'm at the point of needing to call Verizon, and (I guess?) need to back out 4.0.4 and go back to stock 4.0.2.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Wow, that is odd. I been running 4.0.4 for several days without issue. Perhaps wipe and reflash 4.0.4 and see if happens again. If so, I'd say bring 'er back to stock and see what happens ...

OP
T

techinv

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm still a bit of a newbie with this stuff. How would I wipe and reflash 4.0.4? And I assume that I would lose all data with a wipe, correct?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Yes, you will lose all data ... but you can use apps like Titanium Backup or My Backup Pro to backup USER apps and data.

But, to reflash the ROM, simply download it again (if it's not still on your internal storage), reboot into recovery (if your ROM is truly stock you'll have to boot into recovery via ROM Manager or install Quick Boot from the Market - or simply power off then hold volume down while powering on). Once in recovery select wipe all user data, then select advance and wipe dalvik cache. Then go back and flash your ROM ...

OP
T

techinv

Reaction score
Fixed???

Well, before I did the reflash, I figured I'd try a shutdown and battery pull, which seems to have solved the issue. Been stable for 3 days now.

Interesting, besides the random reboot/reactivations, I was also seeing degraded radio reception (i.e. 3 bars one minute, none the next, then back again). That issue is also solved.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Running bugless beast here, I had something similar happen today after making a phone call using the bluetooth in my car. After my wife hung up the phone rebooted and displayed the activation screen.

I was out of my normal service area, wondering if there was some sort of update to the sim since I was in a different service area. nothing else since then. Strange

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the activation screen may indicate successful download of a new PRL, as these are no longer done manually on LTE. Shouldn't trigger a random reboot, though.