Phone not vibrating when email comes in

timrock

Reaction score
i went into gmail and set the notification to always vibrate. but for some reason, the phone wont vibrate. it does when i get a call though. any suggestions?

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I made a post further down this list about this the first two days when it came out. My first one wouldn't vibrate for emails or text messages. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to work, phone calls would vibrate, feedback would vibrate but no notifications would. I took it to vzw and they couldn't figure it out either so they gave me a new one.

Get home with the new one and it did the same exact thing. My bro n law and sis got one the same night. I played with theirs and theirs worked fine. So I started playing with mine and downloaded handscent SMS and set the vibration feedback on the app. I sent myself a text message and it worked fine with the app. So I deleted the app and after that my phone has worked perfect since. Don't ask me why. I got a hold of the local vzw store ans told them for reference and they couldn't explain it either. Hope this helps.

Sent from Galaxy Nexy Sexy using DroidForums :)

OP
timrock

timrock

Reaction score
I figured out the issue. I have audio manager pro installed but never set it up. Its defaulted to silent notifications. I just had to change that and now it works.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk