Phone makes calls on its own

kjgizmo

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 and for the second time in 3 months I had the phone on its charger for a while, then I heard something and I go into the room where its charging and my phone dialed up about 6 people on its own. The first 3 people were the most recent I had called and then it started calling down the list of my contacts starting with A.
What is happening???????????? :icon_evil:

The last time it called my friend and one of my songs that was on my SD card played on my friends voice message..........the entire 3 min song while the phone was on its charger.
Can anyone help me with this problem?? It's just so weird :icon_eek:

Reaction score
I suggest you call a good exorcist. But seriously, I have no idea. I've seen a post or two about this, but never took them seriously, and I've never seen a solution posted. You could try backing up all your data and doing a factory reset, or even SBFing to see if it fixes it..

nibblit

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 and for the second time in 3 months I had the phone on its charger for a while, then I heard something and I go into the room where its charging and my phone dialed up about 6 people on its own. The first 3 people were the most recent I had called and then it started calling down the list of my contacts starting with A.

The last time it called my friend and one of my songs that was on my SD card played on my friends voice message..........the entire 3 min song while the phone was on its charger.

This post freaks me out!

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
the closer we get to 2012 the more this will happen.......bbbwwaahhhaaahahahhahaha lol jk........I agree, call an exorcist. Remember paranormal activity.
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
K

kjgizmo

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, but it seems easier to have an exorcist! I'm stupid, but what is SBFing???
Thanks

I suggest you call a good exorcist. But seriously, I have no idea. I've seen a post or two about this, but never took them seriously, and I've never seen a solution posted. You could try backing up all your data and doing a factory reset, or even SBFing to see if it fixes it..

dast

Reaction score

Have you ever noticed any other weirdness besides this when your D2 when plugged into the charger? Have you ever seen your screen freak out and seem to have a life of its own when plugged in?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, but it seems easier to have an exorcist! I'm stupid, but what is SBFing???
Thanks

Everything you need to know about SBFing

Batfan.com

Reaction score

My guess is that its the charger. What kind is it? I've heard about this happening (with the Droid 1) with off brand chargers.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
K

kjgizmo

Reaction score
I bought this charger on line real cheap. It freaks out everytime I plug it in. The screen flashes on and off then it vibrates. I lock the phone then it seems okay. Guess I better replace it. Thanks :droideris:

Oh by the way it's the same charger I had with my old phone LG Dare, which at the verizon store the guy said it would be ok.......guess he did't know.

the11

Reaction score
I bought this charger on line real cheap. It freaks out everytime I plug it in. The screen flashes on and off then it vibrates. I lock the phone then it seems okay. Guess I better replace it. Thanks :droideris:

Oh by the way it's the same charger I had with my old phone LG Dare, which at the verizon store the guy said it would be ok.......guess he did't know.

its def the charger. i had the same thing happen with a charger i bought on ebay and used with my D1. the seller sent me another one after i complained and it did the same thing. i trashed the charger, got a refund, and never had the problem again.

Batfan.com

Reaction score

Yeah, I thought as much. Your gonna have to bite the bullet and get an actual Moto charger.

miketoasty

Reaction score
Yea I read somewhere in the user manual to not use off brand chargers as they may cause adverse affects. I didn't take it seriously until reading this thread.

nibblit

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 and for the second time in 3 months...
:icon_eek:

As I replied earlier, "This post freaked me out!"

Anyhoo, did you ever get this problem resolved or find out the reason behind this unholy handset behavior?
-Victoria

Sent from my marginally bricked D2.

Batfan.com

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 and for the second time in 3 months...
:icon_eek:

As I replied earlier, "This post freaked me out!"

Anyhoo, did you ever get this problem resolved or find out the reason behind this unholy handset behavior?
-Victoria

Sent from my marginally bricked D2.

Yeah, we've determined that it was his off-brand charger.

OP
K

kjgizmo

Reaction score
phone making its own calls

It was the charger!!!! I got a real verizon charger and NO more weird things are happening. Forget about saving money on cheap chargers, just buy the one that you should have.

Thanks to all who have helped me on this. dancedroiddancedroid