New Droid 2

kjgizmo

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions:

1. What is "roaming banner" ?? It's under settings, and display. I have it checked, but that's the way it came with the phone :icon_eek:

2. Why does my screen go blank when I call voice mail *86 from my "recent call" list??? I must have some wrong setting, can anyone help??

3. Does anyone know if "ringophone.com" works with our droid 2 phone before I pay for ringtones????

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
2. Why does my screen go blank when I call voice mail *86 from my "recent call" list??? I must have some wrong setting, can anyone help??

As far as the screen going black the phone will make the screeen go black during phone calls and then when you pull it away from your ear it will turn back on, this could be what you're experiencing. Is this issue only occuring with voicemail or with all calls?

Oh and as for ring tones I don't know if ringophone works but there are a lot of apps in the marketplace for free ringtones.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
K

kjgizmo

Reaction score
It occurs with all phone calls.............how long does it take to go back on, because mine doesn't.......is there a setting???

I'm new to this, what marketplace?? is this something with droid??? for ringtones???

do you know what roaming banner is???

thanks so much for your help

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Roaming banner is a banner that will show what system you are using if you are roaming. You probably will never see that unless you get out of Verizon area which is pretty tough to do in the U.S. But it can happen.

The Marketplace is where you go to get your apps. Try going there and downloading Screebl, it is free and very helpful. There is a video with the app that will explain it all to you.

In the Market you can also download ringdroid for making ringtones out of your existing mp3s. That's what I choose to use since I have so much music. Ringdroid is free and easy to use.

There is no setting on the proximity setter that turns your screen black. Usually it will only stay that way for no more then 2 seconds, you can also use screebl to adjust this so it doesn't turn off at all if you prefer. But be aware if your screen doesn't turn off and you accidentally touch something with your face it could cause something to go wrong with your call.

Last edited:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ringdroid is one of my most used apps. I love it.

As far as the proximity sensor during calls it may just be throwing you off because its new. You'll probably get used too it also you might have schmaltz on the sensor. Try the face of the phone with a soft cloth I don't know if that will help but it did on my old phone.

OP
K

kjgizmo

Reaction score
i have a protective shield on the phone, maybe that's it?? do i really need one of those shields??

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Does the shield go all the way to the top of the phone? Like past the earpiece cause that is where the proximity sensor is. That might be the problem but I doubt it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it probably is. Take the shield off and try it. I never have a shield on mine. The screen is glass, not plastic so it's kind of tough to scratch.

OP
K

kjgizmo

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know where the sensor is and it's not the shield...it was my protective cover!!! I took it off and called my v'mail and the screen never turned black dancedroid
Thank you soooooooo much.

Now if only I can figure out how to use ringdroid :) It seems i can't download to my sd card......i can't even find my sd card in my settings????

I have all my music on my phone and i set some up as ringtones, but it plays the WHOLE song............i go into ringdroid to shorten the songs and i don't see any of my music to shorten, how do you get your songs into ringdroid??

Guess i'm getting tired, been working with this phone ALL day!!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow poor form for a company to make a cover that impedes the prox sensor.

As far as ringdroid is considered it should pull up all your music files when you open it. What folder do you have all your music in?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know where the sensor is and it's not the shield...it was my protective cover!!! I took it off and called my v'mail and the screen never turned black dancedroid
Thank you soooooooo much.

Now if only I can figure out how to use ringdroid :) It seems i can't download to my sd card......i can't even find my sd card in my settings????

I have all my music on my phone and i set some up as ringtones, but it plays the WHOLE song............i go into ringdroid to shorten the songs and i don't see any of my music to shorten, how do you get your songs into ringdroid??

Guess i'm getting tired, been working with this phone ALL day!!!

OK let's say you set up a ringtone for a song. You designate that song as a ringtone with ringdroid. Let's say this ringtone is for messaging. Go to messaging/settings/text messaging/ring tones and you should see that and any other ringtones you have created from Ringdroid in there.

OP
K

kjgizmo

Reaction score
the cover is made with silicone, so i just cut out that area and now it works fine, go figure!!

when i first got my phone i sync all my music into the phone and it went into the music file, that icon that looks like a speaker.

when i open ringdroid all that shows up there are some of the ringtones i downloaded from zedge........how do i get the songs from my music file to ringdroid???

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When you open up ringdroid press the menu button and there is an option to show all audio. See if that helps

OP
K

kjgizmo

Reaction score
Well, i did that and got all excited to see ALL my songs!! so i opened one and got the message : Sorry, Ringdroid is not yet able to edit files of type wma"

All my music is that, what a bummer!!!!

See, I have all my CD's Windows Media player and that is what i Sync to my phone.......guess those files are all wma.

Thanks for all your help though :wacko: