Phone is rebooting on it own

Clintlgm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+
Ok, so I'm on my 3rd day with this S8 +, I had noticed over the last couple of days this phone just restarts its self. I have noticed it yesterday as after I put my finger print on it. every time I open the phone it tells me I have to use my pin as the phone has restarted. Today this think is rebooting every few minutes I haven't figured out a pattern yet. Anyone else seen this issue? or have any Ideas
08:18 2017-04-17 So Last night I did a complete shut down the started up again and just left the phone alone on charge. I get up this morning and it takes my finger print to unlock!! So now I'm wondering did it just need a compete shut down or am I causing these restarts by bumping the button??
This phone is so thin I am having issues holding it and getting it on my ear where I can hear on calls I could well be hitting that button but that should only bring up the option to restart or shut down? I think?
Where ever I read that the S8 have texture so they don't need a case to hold on to them was mistaken at least for people with large hands like myself.

I'll edit this post over the next couple of days if the issue comes back or I figure out for sure that I was causing this myself handling the phone.
Edit 2017-04-27 So it appears the complete shut down solved the issue?
I have installed a UAG case that has giving me much greater control of the phone. I have not had the issue of the phone restarting it self again.

Last edited:
OP
Clintlgm

Clintlgm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+
I see over at Tech Republic this rebooting thing is a common Issues many people have? Sure glad the shut down and cold start fixed it for me:)