What is this?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by azules9780, May 10, 2010.

1. azules9780

azules9780 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So I shut down my phone and restarted it and I got a black screen with this message:

Bootloader 2C.6C

Battery OK

OK to program

Transfer mode:
    USB

I shut it down because the phone was being retarded when I was trying to text message. I figured it just needed a restart. I am completely stock except for a few apps. I have had it since Christmas.

2. JCo352

JCo352 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That is the bootloader screen, usually you have to hit up on the d-pad and power to get to that screen.

3. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Either you somehow hit d-pad up when you rebooted the phone, or the d-pad is stuck in the up postition for some reason. Try messing with the d-pad a bit; and do a battery pull. You are in the bootloader screen that you would use to re-flash the phone with RSDLite.

4. azules9780

azules9780 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry if it's not the greatest post, I did it from my phone once I got it working again. And it still is acting weird while trying to type anything, text or otherwise.

5. azules9780

azules9780 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate the quick and helpful responses. I messed around with the d-pad and I pulled the battery. Works great now. Also, thanks for telli g me what that screen was. Is that one of the things I'm going to have to do to root my phone? I have started researching the pros and cons and all I really want to do is overclock and tether. It will be something I do in the very near future but had no intention of accidently trying to do tonight. Lol

Anyway, thanks!