Phone going haywire

lucidstate

Reaction score
Dunno what happened but my phone has been fine for almost a month (got it on the 6th) and now it's acting really weird. Some of my widgets randomly decide not to respond, like the stock power control widget and OneClick phone vibrate (Sports tap and the stock music widget work fine). Whenever they are in this non-responding mode, phone calls take 30 seconds to start after starting them from call log, contacts or direct dialing multiple restarts have not helped. Killing all tasks has not helped (I haven't used my task kill app in weeks before having this problem).

EDIT: ok it's actually EVERY call that is delayed by roughly 30 seconds, not just when the widgets are acting funny.

Last edited:

Monstrosity

Reaction score
Are you charging while doing this? If so, its a known issue for it to go crazy.

If not, I'm not sure.

OP
L

lucidstate

Reaction score
now it hangs anytime i try to uninstall an app.

OP
L

lucidstate

Reaction score
now the widgets and phone work fine but i can't open 90% of my apps. What the hell is going on.

OP
L

lucidstate

Reaction score
not sure, but I've since restarted a few of times and managed to uninstall a bunch of apps I don't use and everything seems fine now. It could have been any one of them.

sir2545

Reaction score
Maybe the internal memory was way low or perhaps you got a really buggy app. Anyway glad to hear you got it fixed.

jltung

Reaction score
Bizarre behavior of the DROID - aliens vs ghosts

I usually charge my phone off my laptop overnite.

Last nite I charged it off the brand name wall charger that came with phone.

Shortly after taking it off the charger ***Bizarro***my phone started to make phone calls, dial up my email, look into my 'Settings, look up the 'Weather Channel, go to my browser etc., and seriously DRAIN my BATTERY.

I charged my phone off my laptop again for a short while and my problem went away. Were there some fluctuations in the voltage which left some rough edges on my phone.