Phone froze when rooting.

IYIaster

Reaction score
I have put the z4root apk on my phone and ran it had the circle going for like 10 min and then finally froze completely. Should I take out the battery or just let it sit there.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have put the z4root apk on my phone and ran it had the circle going for like 10 min and then finally froze completely. Should I take out the battery or just let it sit there.

Your ok...it does that...just battery pull and next time it will work..you have to be on froyo...

One Epic Blue and Bold Cm7(otaGBK) .----->fastforward!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
With this application..you should always reboot before hitting perm root...it will work. (On froyo) not on gingerbread..you will need the gingerbreak..I think that's the one..or D3 one click..check first to be sure....:)

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on 2.3.340

Ok..so as long as your on froyo..it will work..just reboot and then hit perm root..it will be fast this time and reboot on its own!

OP
I

IYIaster

Reaction score
I'm rooted now I ran the app again and it worked. I made a backup of everything with titanium backup I have Droid 2 bootstrapper on my phone and the 2.0.1 liberty zip. If I was on gingerbread would the z4root not have worked

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm rooted now I ran the app again and it worked. I made a backup of everything with titanium backup I have Droid 2 bootstrapper on my phone and the 2.0.1 liberty zip. If I was on gingerbread would the z4root not have worked

That's what I was saying..I don't know why, but usually won't work the first time..always reboot first...lol Congrats bro..glad your hooked up!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's what I was saying..I don't know why, but usually won't work the first time..always reboot first...lol Congrats bro..glad your hooked up!

You were on froyo brother! And yes ...not work on gingerbread...use d3 onclick root...works great but requires computer and one click...