Rooted and apps won't install

t4k

Reaction score
Please help...just got my droid x today, ran the lastest update, and installed z4root and titanuium backup pro, the apps are backedup, froze unimportant apps like skype moible and blockbuster, things knew were safe to freeze. However, I went to the market to download apps that had on my previous phone...simple ones like backgrounds, ringtones, or antivirus. Nothing will download for me...it looks like it is starting to download, then stops. I went back to Titanium backup, unfroze everything thinking that was the problem. I have turned the phone on and off several times, (I haven't removed the battery, perhaps I should) but other than that, I don't know what else to do. Can someone please tell me what to do? I haven't messed with my settings at all, maybe there is something I need to turn on or off? Do I need to un-root my phone to get apps of the market?

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Did you sign into G-Mail? IF not that could be the problem as well. Google backs up what you had on the phone and when you sign in it should start dl'ing everything for you. It will take some time though. It is a slow process.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try going into settings/manage apps and clear cache for mkt - that will sometimes help jumpstart dl. Or, go into mkt and click on one of the apps that are frozen in dl, and cancel the dl. You can also try booting into recovery and clearing cache. That also helps the mkt sync up with apps that have been restored from a backup.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also see some threads indicating there may be a problem with the mkt, as a whole, for everyone...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
T

t4k

Reaction score
how do i reboot into recovery? Never done that before and this is my first droid x

OP
T

t4k

Reaction score
uh oh...what is too late...did I do something wrong or were you talking to someone else

hoppermi

Reaction score
Too late, as in the time it took me to type in an answer, someone else already gave the same info.

OP
T

t4k

Reaction score
just as an update, for those that may end up having the same problem. I called verizon and he told me to make sure my old android was in airplane mode before downloading apps to the new phone. I did that and still had trouble. So he told me to do a factory reset. before I could do that I needed to make sure my battery was charged more than 25%. I shut my phone off for about 30mins and before doing the reset, turned my phone back on, tried to download apps and it finally worked. so I ended up not needing to do the reset. I suppose it was just that my old phone needed to be in airplane mode. the techs at verizon also adjusted my roaming. So, it's working fine now. Thanks for all the help everyone