Phone freezes and turns on byself....

bdizz07

Reaction score
So recently my phones been randomly freezing and goin black and i cant do anything then itll turn itself on and crap.

I have the new software that we all updated to and called *228 to have it programmed again so i have no clue what it goin on, i love the D2 but its goin crazy on me.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How often do you reboot and do you use the back button or the home button to exit apps?

tappin and a talkin

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
*228 only reprograms the numbers and SID to your phone, not the software itself. Spaz's questions are great points. If that's not it, we may need to do a factory reset because sometimes updates don't.....update right.

DroidForums junkie!!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Indeed. Sometimes updates get a little buggy on people and a data reset just may do the trick.

tappin and a talkin

Taegost

Reaction score
I have quirky, random issues like that if I don't reboot regularly, at least every 2-3 days

Dustin.

Reaction score
Also if your overclocked and you have custom voltages and or a high OC with ultra-low voltages. Especially when set to "Set on Boot" you will have some SERIOUS random reboots, screen freezes and one hot phone!

If you are overclocked, try a custom profile or a lower OC because your phone may not be able to handle the frequency your running it at.

Every phone is different and handles its own things in different ways.

(P.S. If you have a task killer, or anit-virus, TRASH IT!!)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! +100 on trashing ATK and anti-virus!!

Also if your overclocked and you have custom voltages and or a high OC with ultra-low voltages. Especially when set to "Set on Boot" you will have some SERIOUS random reboots, screen freezes and one hot phone!

If you are overclocked, try a custom profile or a lower OC because your phone may not be able to handle the frequency your running it at.

Every phone is different and handles its own things in different ways.

(P.S. If you have a task killer, or anit-virus, TRASH IT!!)

DroidForums junkie!!