Phone dialing

cramiam

Reaction score
Hey Guys just got my droid but noticed something that I thought would be standard. I am coming from a Blackberry and I could just start typing a persons name and the contacts would pop up for me to select from but I havent been able to do that on the droid. Does anyone know how to make this function work?

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I came from a windows mobile phone and was spoiled by that feature as well. The droid does not have this functionality. You can however use the search widget on the home screen to start typing the person's name and it will show all matches in your contacts. Not as good but the best alternative I've found.

whiddles

Reaction score
search works well for me. but the dailing feature is far better

OP
C

cramiam

Reaction score
NOoooooooooo. How can the droid not do this? Oh well, good with the bad I guess

JayMonster

Reaction score
NOoooooooooo. How can the droid not do this? Oh well, good with the bad I guess

Easy... the Droid does so much more it doesn't presume to know what you are going to do next, whereas with a Blackberry or a WinMo phone... well it is pretty obvious since the power is not there.

Yes, I was used to this on my Q9c and missed it at first, but 1 press (mic button) and saying the name is even easier than that.

whiddles

Reaction score
i use one screen for my direct dial. slide the home screen right and my main contacts are a my fingers