Phone crashed reboots with many error messages

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Happy to help! I am glad it's finally up and running again!:biggrin:

djembeman

Reaction score
Exact thing just happened to me!!!

I guess the moral of the story is, DO NOT let your Droid Bionic run out of battery??? Now I gotta try to find out what fixed your problem and fix my phone. It's basically boot looping and has the text from the OP flashing on the screen while the Droid eye is up, right before the SD Card mounts. I let the battery fully die, phone shut down and then I put my extra battery in and then this started! Very frustrating!!!

BP paniced
Into BP core dump mode
Saving BP core dump failed
Trying to open usb
Switch to BP bypass mode
...Phone reboots, continuous bootloop.

Sometimes it lets me unlock the phone and then reboots, sometimes it reboots before the lock screen comes up.

Droid Bionic, Stock Rooted .902, forever root.

djembeman

Reaction score
If the phone can make a connection via usb with your computer then pathsaver may still work. But yea I guess you can't change it to charge only if you can't get into phone settings. Is pathsaver not working then? Have you tried this link for unbricking? Unbrick Your Bionic Here - RootzWiki

Hey Stelv,

The main RootzWiki post you linked to Unbrick Your Bionic was pulled. The original post just says, "Pulled." Glad you posted the instructions here. Hope I can get them to work!

Thank you.

Droid Bionic, Stock Rooted .902, forever root.

djembeman

Reaction score
Got it fixed!

Okay, so I ended up finding this site which had directions and the .902 fastboot xml file. I had to go to XDA to find a good download for RSD Lite (version 5.6).

Droid Bionic » – FastBoot Files 5.9.902 HOw to Flash / Unbrick
RSD Lite 5.6 - xda-developers

Both of these sites saved my @$$. After my phone rebooted I had to reconfigure everything. It wiped all of my internal storage and phone/app data. It's all good though, I was completely dead in the water before!

For RSD Lite to tell me that the process was done and successful, I had to toggle through USB Modes on the phone until the correct mode was selected and Windows loaded the drivers for that mode. I think it was actually PC Mode that allowed RSD Lite to see the device again. It tells you to manually power on the device until you select the correct mode.

Droid Bionic, No longer rooted. Maybe I'll try again. I don't know if having root somehow caused this problem, but I've been rooted for a couple months and have let my battery run down before. It seems very odd to me how this happened.

Last edited:
OP
sweeeeet

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I ended up finding this site which had directions and the .902 fastboot xml file. I had to go to XDA to find a good download for RSD Lite (version 5.6).

Droid Bionic » – FastBoot Files 5.9.902 HOw to Flash / Unbrick
RSD Lite 5.6 - xda-developers

Both of these sites saved my @$$. After my phone rebooted I had to reconfigure everything. It wiped all of my internal storage and phone/app data. It's all good though, I was completely dead in the water before!

For RSD Lite to tell me that the process was done and successful, I had to toggle through USB Modes on the phone until the correct mode was selected and Windows loaded the drivers for that mode. I think it was actually PC Mode that allowed RSD Lite to see the device again. It tells you to manually power on the device until you select the correct mode.

Droid Bionic, No longer rooted. Maybe I'll try again. I don't know if having root somehow caused this problem, but I've been rooted for a couple months and have let my battery run down before. It seems very odd to me how this happened.

glad u sorted it out.... it was a monster headache for me... i was rooted running a rom.. it was extremely random and i guess in this case as well it was triggered by letting the battery completely drain... i havent since and may never again lol