Phone Contacts VS Google Mail Contacts

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I used to have my email contacts and I also had my phone contacts. Somewhere in the syncing process, my Google Mail and my phone contacts are all combined. When I go through the "pick which list of contacts to show", I am getting many email addresses with my phone contact list I do not want to see.

So, what's the big deal? Well, the email contacts have no phone numbers associated with them, but some of my phone contacts do have email addresses associated with them.

So, what's the big deal. I liked it better when I could simply scroll down through my phone contacts to pick a person to call, now I have to scroll down through hundreds of email addresses to find the person and phone number I need. If I am going send mail, I would rather go through Gmail and compose and not through the phone.

Is there a way to separate those out, meaning the list of Gmail contacts and the list of people's phone numbers...and be able to sync after new ones are added to either list?

I am betting....not! But....maybe one of the elite from the forum has had the same problem and pulled a Stephen Hawking and solved this quandary. If so, then you can move on to the subject of which modern science and mathematics has failed to figure out....women.:)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Under setting turn off, dam whats the name, Universal Inbox, I know thats not it but close... trying to keep one eye awake. . should be under accounts then settings. Forgive me if I'm wrong..

WestOkid

Reaction score
I would join the contact rather than separating them unless there is a need to keep 2 lists.

Just go into contacts, select the contact that has the dupe/split. Select menu, and select join. It should bring you to contact list with suggestions on top. Select the email or phone contact. Now you should have one contact that contains both the email address and phone number or Facebook if you have that too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Instead off separating, the new search feature is lots quicker than scrolling through even a short list. Hit the magnfying glass symbol. Start typing the first few letters of first/last name doesn't mater and several choices will be at the top. The next time you come back it will be in search mode. Hit the X to clear what's there and type the first few letters

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Thanks for the replies! I am going to try all suggestions and see what will work best, for me.
Thanks again.:)