Gmail Contact Sync Question

mmoran903

Reaction score
So, I love being able to sync and back up all my contacts BUT it's irritating when it automatically puts people's email addresses into my contact list...

For example - we had an email chain regarding a bachelor's party - it went about 50 or so emails and it synced all 30 different participants into my contacts.... so when scrolling through my contacts on my phone i had an absurd number of email addresses i didn't recognize.

is there a way to keep gmail from trying to sync my "frequently emailed" to my phone? Additionally, I found it would sync someone's email even though it was already saved under someones contact..

For example - my sister is in my phone (obviously) and i had her email address saved into her contact. however, gmail decided to create a seperate contact for her email.

Any ideas here guys? thanks in advance.

crspang

Reaction score
i have an eris - it doesn't seem to have that option.

I'm not too familiar with the Eris but this is what it looks like on the Moto.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I don't know if this helps or not.
Good Luck though!

OP
M

mmoran903

Reaction score
thanks for the screeen shots, that's extremely helpful...

unfortunately mine doesn't look like that lol. I'm just going to disable it, the whole point was to get the majority of my contacts onto the google cloud. i'll just manually sync it every couple of weeks and "clean" out the erroneous contacts as i go.

thanks for the response.