Phone alarm going off randomly when no alarm is set.

EastPhilly

Reaction score
I use Alarm Clock Xtreme Free. I usually have 4 alarms set for the mornings in case I fall asleep and need to wake up again 10 mins later. Usually I wake up after the first alarm and then skip the next few alarms so I don't have to remember to enable them that night. Well one day I hit the alarm skip about 5-10 seconds before the alarm went off. Now the alarm will randomly go off with no way of silencing it, as no dismiss or snooze button shows. Even more is that the app doesn't even think the alarm is going off. I have had the alarm go off on me once when I booted up the phone after I had turned it off normally for work. Today I was using my runkeeper app and after stopping my activity the alarm started going off.

Anyone had this problem before?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
-Go to settings>manage apps>find the app.

-Wipe data and cache.

-Redo alarms.

-Throw in a reinstall and reboot should that not work.

OP
E

EastPhilly

Reaction score
I will try this after an experiment I accidentally came upon. I have a Pebble Smartwatch and one of the apps is a "find my phone" app. I believe it may set off my alarm when the bluetooth disconnects. I uninstalled the app and the Pebble Watchapp to see if this remedies the problem.

tulips

Reaction score
I didn't install any alarm app but this happens to my phone too. No alarm set but the phone makes an alarm sound on its own for no reason. I'm not even sure if its the alarm clock coz there is no indication why its making an alarm sound. How could this happen and how do I fix it?