Phone access on lock screen

Reaction score
Hey guys I just factory reset my phone to fix Wifi but now I can't remember how or find to forum I used before to change the voice command launch to the phone launch on the lock screen.

tdelon

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Did you find the settings for this? Settings, Language & input, Google voice typing, "Ok Google" detection. On mine I have From the google app and From any screen both turned on. Then I went to the Moto app and hit the three stars in the upper right. Then Voice, Commands while locked, and turned on all three selections. These choices make my phone respond to "ok google" while locked. I'm not sure if this is the right way, or the way everyone is set up, but it works okay for me.

OP
Delasangre4231
Reaction score
Thank you yes, I finally found it. Strange place of you ask me

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There are at least 2 different ways to get into the OK Google Detection settings. The method tdelon mentioned is one and is correct. You can also get there from Settings > Google > Search > Voice. I have numerous times on the Moto Forum that if you want to use the Moto App for voice commands to leave the From Any Screen option Off, and only have the From Google App option On. The Moto App will always listen for your voice and hand over some functions to the Google app. If both options are checked you may have issues with some Moto App voice commands. This is how mine has been setup from Day 1 with my phone, once I enabled Moto Voice and I have had 0 issues.

uploadfromtaptalk1460807268759.png

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Since I have the use Moto Voice option selected in the Moto App I leave the From Any Screen option Off in the OK Google settings. Maybe it does work with both options On with a Turbo 2, but in previous phones this caused issues. If it works good for you, maybe leave both turned On. If you notice any issues with voice commands try turning the From Any Screen option Off if Moto Voice is enabled.

uploadfromtaptalk1460807477029.png

tdelon

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Since I have the use Moto Voice option selected in the Moto App I leave the From Any Screen option Off in the OK Google settings. Maybe it does work with both options On with a Turbo 2, but in previous phones this caused issues. If it works good for you, maybe leave both turned On. If you notice any issues with voice commands try turning the From Any Screen option Off if Moto Voice is enabled.

View attachment 76274

Yes, absolutely. On some phones a conflict can occur, maybe it's the phone or installed apps or whatever. Perhaps it's which setting was turned on first, or during the first start? Resolving those things seems to involve voodoo and trying different things. It's good to have both ways on the thread. Troy

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sure....you bet! Everyone likes a good SPAM sandwich.

Looks like the spam was removed, back to normal discussions. :)

Last edited: