Voice Commands with Bluetooth

RazrMaxx2013

Reaction score
I got a new Razr Maxx (Verizon) a couple weeks ago and I can not seem to make an important function work.... Voice Commands from a Bluetooth and the phone in my pocket. The display comes on when I request a Voice Command with my Bluetooth, since the phone is in my pocket, something will bump the screen and interrupt the request.

I replaced a Droid 2 that allowed me to select a setting to keep the screen locked when using the Bluetooth for voice commands.

I found what I thought would do the trick: Settings --> Security --> Allow Bluetooth bypass*. This is checked on my Razr, but the screen still unlocks when I prompt a voice command from my Bluetooth.

Am I missing something? Or is this a bug? Thanks in advance for any input.

* "Allow Voice Commands to be launched vie Bluetooth multi-function button while device is locked."

Edit ... Sorry if I missed this covered in another forum, I couldn't find anything while searching.

OP
R

RazrMaxx2013

Reaction score
I use a screen pattern lock with the bluetooth bypass and have no trouble with what you are describing.

Same thing happens, the phone by-passes the unlock (swipe or pattern) and opens the Voice Command screen. If I deselect the Bluetooth bypass, the phone does not react to the Bluetooth request.

Running Android version 4.1.2 on the Droid Razr Maxx HD on Verizon.