Personal settings was backed up, how did it happen?

KBToy007

Reaction score
I just went to VZW store to replace my bionic, having freezing issues with it, and the guy swapped the phone with a new unit (transfer sim and SD card), boot it up, put my google account, phone picked up the signal, went to the main desktop/dashboard and my personal settings (like wallpaper and quick contacts that I setup from OLD unit) was moved/transferred to the new phone... Does the VZW backup assistant did that? Thought it only backs up contacts? Please enlighten me :)

Last edited:

Edi

Reaction score
When you first purchased the Bionic, it asked if you wanted to backup your phone (cloud service I believe). So once you signed into your account with the new phone it automatically started the sync to restore how you had your original Bionic.

Edi

Reaction score
As long as you had it set to backup when you first signed it, it should sync automatically. To check if it is, go to settings, privacy settings. If you have a checkbox for "Back up my data" than you are set.

tbb1226

Reaction score
I don't know for sure, butI think it's a Google thing. When I fired up the Bionic for the first time, it somehow was able to "remember" the WiFi settings, Locale situations, browser bookmarks, and various login ID's that I had set up on the Droid1 phone that it replaced.

I guess the "red eye" is not the only thing these phones have in common with Cylons...

BlackWS6LS1

Reaction score
I just want to make sure all the settings on the phone under settings gets backed up. Those are all the things that take the most time to setup/change.

Zregnier

Reaction score
When I got my replacement it didn't sync like yours. Is there a way to make sure it's on? I have everything checked for my google account sync under my accounts.

Edi

Reaction score
When I got my replacement it didn't sync like yours. Is there a way to make sure it's on? I have everything checked for my google account sync under my accounts.

My second post shows how it should be done. But here is the info: As long as you had it set to backup when you first signed it, it should sync automatically. To check if it is, go to settings, privacy settings. If you have a checkbox for "Back up my data" then you are set.

OP
K

KBToy007

Reaction score
As long as you had it set to backup when you first signed it, it should sync automatically. To check if it is, go to settings, privacy settings. If you have a checkbox for "Back up my data" than you are set.

I enabled this on the unit I returned... I believe this one did the trick! Thanks