Permanently Delete Texts?

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
All righty, just took a look at the problem and heres the solution.

1. open your phone/dialer app. The one that you use to make calls
2. go to your recent tab
3. press your menu button, its the far left one with the squares
4. select 'clear list'
5. click 'clear' from options menu

remember that the buttom buttons on the droid have different functions depending on what screen/app your using. If all else fails, hit the menu button and explore the options. (I'd like to vote for that last sentence to be added to the unspoken list of 'droid rules')

post back if you have any problems

also, sorry if some of these steps seemed obvious or like I was over doing it, I just wanted to be sure I included every step

Gaby

Reaction score
Hey Mike I tried your last suggestion and its a no go. Still all there. I called Verizon as well and they have no help as of now. I still haven't got the prompt for the UPDATE yet, but it was suppose to be out by today (as of 7:32 p.m. Pac)
I'm hoping the update will fix this problem even though it hasn't mentioned that it will. The longer I have the phone the more I like it :eek:(

Gaby

Reaction score
Got the new update... :) didn't fix the problem tho :( don't really notice anything different since the update to be honest.. D@mn it.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
I installed a home replacement on my GF's X. Since there is no way access those files, this should kind of "fix" your issue. Not sure why they would make a file that can't be deleted like that... any way, I would suggest either "advanced launcher" or "launcher pro".

Gaby

Reaction score
I installed a home replacement on my GF's X. Since there is no way access those files, this should kind of "fix" your issue. Not sure why they would make a file that can't be deleted like that... any way, I would suggest either "advanced launcher" or "launcher pro".

I'm sorry Mike.. but say what? lol Completely new to smart phones. What's a home replacement? Advance launcher? & Launcher pro?

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Oh, ok :D I gotcha.

Well, a home replacement is, well, a home replacement. The screen that comes up with your widgets apps clock stuff like that is your home, it has an app drawer on it, and usually consists of 3 or more home screens. Its also called a UI or a user interface. A homereplacment is an app that replaces the stock UI with something that has extended functions. For instance, you know that thing at the bottom that has the phone, the app drawer, and the contacts button; thats called a dock. Launcher pro and advanced launcher have docks with more features. Just DL one of them, and when its done press your home button at the bottom of your phone; select the new home replacement, and have a look around.