password protect pics

mandg401

Reaction score
hi i have the moto droid, like most i receive lots of jokes and pictures on my droid, some are pics that are for certain eyes only, (dont need my grandkids looking at some of the pictures that are sent to me) is there an app out there that you can put those pictures in a seperate folder that can be password protected and can only be viewed by inputting the password?
thanks

carpenter_22

Reaction score
gallery private is a good one but the pictures are not going to be on your sd card any more so if you replace your phone for some reason just move pics from gallery private back to sd card before you send phone back ect.

pudders

Reaction score
Pandora by Since2006 is a good app. This is not the music player. But it has the same name so not to give away that it is a private photo/video file that requires a password. It also changes the name of the photo/video extension so it will not be recognized by photo / video sharing software when you link it to your PC/Mac

montlyfool

Reaction score
I just created a folder called .zzz on the sd card(notice the .). I put the pictures there and they can only be viewed using a file program(I use Astro). They will not be seen viewing gallery and can only be viewed by going into the file program.
No password, but unless they know how to get to the file program

entcee

Reaction score
G.P. Free is a another one. It encrypts photos and videos.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I just created a folder called .zzz on the sd card(notice the .). I put the pictures there and they can only be viewed using a file program(I use Astro). They will not be seen viewing gallery and can only be viewed by going into the file program.
No password, but unless they know how to get to the file program

I tried doing this in windows with my card mounted. It says "You must type a file name" when you do this. Did you create the folder in astro?

Edit: nevermind i was able to create on in astro, finally figured out you hit menu>new.

RevivaL

Reaction score
how can i move the pictures from my gallery to the folder i created in astro?

edit - figured it out right as I typed the post, nevermind

OP
M

mandg401

Reaction score
cant find the free version

searched the market and the Gallery private free program isnt there, only the $14.99 one, now, a very dumb question,,,,, am i right to assume that when you purchase an app its a one time purchase not a monthly charge to the credit card

SupAll

Reaction score
I recommend Photovault. It's free, but what it does is that it changes your extension of the photos you wish hide. It also has 2 modes, Public and Private. You place a password on the Private gallery and you can even have a setting where the app starts in the Public gallery. It's not a eye-appealing app, but it gets the job done.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hide a folder in astro and put a dot in front of the last folder that has the photos that you wanna hide. will be hidden from the rest of the phone

ex: sdcard/DRMA/.MMS

[email protected]

Reaction score
searched the market and the Gallery private free program isnt there, only the $14.99 one, now, a very dumb question,,,,, am i right to assume that when you purchase an app its a one time purchase not a monthly charge to the credit card

Typically all app fees are a one time charge but make certain to read the fine print just in case. At $15 I hope the app has a solid 5 star rating cause that's pretty steep.

Good luck.