Party lounge

jaye712

Reaction score
Frm seattle,but now in Midwest for the past 4 yrs.a hr frm MN.i literally live on a state line..u?

#215 G.I JANE

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice. I've got a friend up that way.

I'm from central Texas, where it's not 40 below 0 in the winter haha

jaye712

Reaction score
brad92 said:
Nice. I've got a friend up that way.

I'm from central Texas, where it's not 40 below 0 in the winter haha

I feel that...iam jst hopin this snow isnt here to stay,lastyr wasnt so bad which was really surprising.when its summer,good god,its hotter then hell.reminds me of cali weather.. no heat stroke yet, so its legit rofl

#215 G.I JANE

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Living through Texas winters helped me appreciate the snow so much more. The winters were 40-50° cold, grey and rainy. Still had to wear winter coat because the cold would just go through you and you couldn't play in the rain like you can snow.

I lived in Austin. Love that city! Funnest, best place I ever lived and the people are awesome. Do you live anywhere near Austin, Brad?

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Living through Texas winters helped me appreciate the snow so much more. The winters were 40-50° cold, grey and rainy. Still had to wear winter coat because the cold would just go through you and you couldn't play in the rain like you can snow.

I lived in Austin. Love that city! Funnest, best place I ever lived and the people are awesome. Do you live anywhere near Austin, Brad?

My hometown is about halfway between Houston and Austin off of 290. I live in College Station and go to Texas A&M, so Austin is a dirty word jk.

I have friends that go to UT, but it seems like every time I have been through Austin traffic is crazy!

How long did you live in TX? And why did you move to NY if you don't mind me asking?

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I have family that lived in the DFW area, if there is a prison near by I'm sure they still live there.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's prisons all over. Unfortunately, I have family thats been in most of em probably

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Lived in Austin for three years then moved to Oregon. Yes, Austin has changed so much and has gotten impossibly expensive...but it is beautiful.

My sister went to A&M...bunch of aggies, lol!

I'm originally from NY. Moved back here when I became a mom so my kids could be around family.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Teasips! haha

Agreed, the Hill Country is beautiful. I'd love some land on a river there. I hear upstate NY is pretty, I just couldn't move out of Texas, much less the South :icon_ banana:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yeah, used to canoe the perdeneles river... that is wow countryside, Hamilton Pool, camping in Bastrop, so many great places.

But I do have to admit that upstate/central NY is absolutely beautiful too...lots of lakes, mountains, waterfalls, very green. Where I grew up, practically in my back yard (1/4 mile from my house), you climb along the stream going up the mountain on a trail that is so narrow it was barely walkable... about a mile up the narrow path is a waterfall. At the top of the falls, you cross over to the other side, walk half way down and there is a ledge that you walk in behind the falls and watch it fall in front of you. And barely a soul knows it exists.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's incredible. You should post some pictures :icon_ lala:

jaye712

Reaction score
Man..hearing u guys makes me wanna do a get away weekend trip out of here.where ever the sun is @ lol

#215 G.I JANE