Pandora v.s. DroidLive

olletsocmit

Reaction score
I purchased DroidLive yesterday because I saw the thread about getting haward stern for free. Worth the $4 for sure!!! Its awesome. I feel that its as good as my Satalite radio if not better. Tghe quality of the music is amazing quality in my car compared to Pandora. Pandors sounds like total crap in the car. Esp the base. Droid live so sounds like radio quality if not better.

DroidLive is lacking in some areas, but hopefully it will become more popular and get improved. Def needs a widget like pandora has. I would also like to be able to rename in my fav's.

What do u guys think

LakeMountD

Reaction score
I purchased DroidLive yesterday because I saw the thread about getting haward stern for free. Worth the $4 for sure!!! Its awesome. I feel that its as good as my Satalite radio if not better. Tghe quality of the music is amazing quality in my car compared to Pandora. Pandors sounds like total crap in the car. Esp the base. Droid live so sounds like radio quality if not better.

DroidLive is lacking in some areas, but hopefully it will become more popular and get improved. Def needs a widget like pandora has. I would also like to be able to rename in my fav's.

What do u guys think

I haven't heard of it before as I got my droid a few weeks ago but are they radio stations or is it like pandora where you can select a genre or artist?

OP
O

olletsocmit

Reaction score
Cherry RPlayer gets Shoutcast/Howard as well and is free.

There is a big difference between the 2. Cherry RPlayer plays Howard Stern at 24 kbps and droidLive plays it at 128 kbps. That is a big dif in the quality of the audio

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

There is a big difference between the 2. Cherry RPlayer plays Howard Stern at 24 kbps and droidLive plays it at 128 kbps. That is a big dif in the quality of the audio

There is nothing that can make Stern good enough to listen to....:icon_ banana:

He's been spouting the same crap for 20 years....

Droidlive FTW!

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

Can Cherry RPlayer only play 24 kbps? When I search for Howard I get several choices and one of them is 128. Sounds like good quality to me, but my old ears ain't what they used to be. lol

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
DroidLive is ok if you don't mind if you hear a station you don't like the song on, you can't skip to the next song. I have the DroidLive Lite and I can also get the Howard station if I wanted to. I also don't find him funny and didn't shed a tear when he abandoned the FM dial. Just wanted to make it clear that if you must hear Howard, you don't need to buy DroidLive.

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
I find Pandora works great and the quality is good.
Pandora could make us all pay $4 for a little better app but they didn't and therefore Pandora is awesome! : )

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
I love Pandora....Hard to get radio stations in the Bldg I work in, and none work where my desk is. I plug my speakers in and listen most of the night between Pandora for my favorite artists and I also listen to IRadio.

jrod2183

Reaction score

There is nothing that can make Stern good enough to listen to....:icon_ banana:

He's been spouting the same crap for 20 years....

Droidlive FTW!

+10 on the Howard Stern comment

AdamTr

Reaction score
DroidLive is awesome. Could use a widget and larger buffering though.

stumpie

Reaction score
Another vote for Pandora

fyi ,, When Pandora is playing go to "preferences" ,, You can set the audio quality to "high" .