Pandora Remote Control... wishful thinking

spyked

Reaction score
So I'm wondering if anyone has heard of any apps where you can use your phone as a remote control for you pandora-playing pc.

I'm totally envisioning myself being in a completely different room jammin out to my pandora stations and skipping/liking/disliking songs via WiFi or whatever.

Ahh, wishful thinking... :)

m4gaujan

Reaction score
I hope this becomes reality!

Your title is exactly what i typed into google so there are obviously more people thinking the exact same thing.

We can do it with our Itunes so why not Pandora.....hopefuly more people talk about this because I want it!!

livehappy42

Reaction score
Remote for PC Pandora via Android

So here's the workaround!

Get PRemoteDroid from marketplace and install on your 'droid phone

follow the instructions for installing server app on your pc (mac?)

run the server app; (get your pc's ip address)

start a new connection on your phone;
password can be left default or you can change

enter the ip address of your pc in the field:
192.168.xxx.xxx
just type right over it; I was confused at first and kept getting
connection issues (I had been trying to erase the text), but when
I just went to the box and started entering the IP, I was able to
connect almost instantly.

There are other features including a limited screen capture, but really
this app functions as a great mouse for your screen (including controlling
pandora, etc.) I have a projector, and it works great for movie control,
whether dvd, netflix, vlc, etc. because you're just controlling your computer.

Until someone actually creates a pandora volume widget, this is the next
best thing!!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/dancingDroid.gif

m4gaujan

Reaction score
Yea I have a droidremote app.....i use it for those things as well......I think what we want is something that looks like the pandora app for you phone, but, controls your computer pandora.....so i can hit next, like and don't like buttons from anywhere in the house (without being able to see the computer screen)

m4gaujan

Reaction score
I found a program called PandoraBoy. It works with Mac OS!! It is its own application that lets you use Pandora without using a browser. It has an option to use your Apple Itunes Remote (I haven't tried yet) and also has "global hotkeys" that you can enter.

I am in no position to mess around with it now but I think this application may be our solution! Download and mess around with it.....I'll update once I test it out.
dancedroid

877FixFurniture.com

Reaction score
Premotedroid: security on PC will not allow install

Security on PC will not allow install. I have McAfee Verizon Internet Security Suite running on Vista machine. I've turned off real-time scanning and I still can't get windows to allow me to install - "potentially dangerous" file. Windows does not even allow me to override when I go to extract the files from zip.

fatpomp

Reaction score
Download and install Boxee to your pc. Download Boxee Remote by supware.net from the market on your phone. Start boxee and find the Pandora app. Then use the boxee remote app on your phone to control pandora. The remote app works over wifi and it shows you whats playing and it will let you skip songs. That works for me.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Download and install Boxee to your pc. Download Boxee Remote by supware.net from the market on your phone. Start boxee and find the Pandora app. Then use the boxee remote app on your phone to control pandora. The remote app works over wifi and it shows you whats playing and it will let you skip songs. That works for me.

def going to try this when i get home later thanks for the info :)

joker402

Reaction score
I know, bump from the dead but better than a new thread. Has any one found an app that will do the same thing but between android devices? Let me explain. We use the Xoom in my store to play pandora constenly and some times we cant get to it on time when a song comes on that we deem not work/customer approrite haveing a remote would be awsome.

God I need to learn how to devlope.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
I know, bump from the dead but better than a new thread. Has any one found an app that will do the same thing but between android devices? Let me explain. We use the Xoom in my store to play pandora constenly and some times we cant get to it on time when a song comes on that we deem not work/customer approrite haveing a remote would be awsome.

You can try this https://market.android.com/details?id=com.MarcelloAlbano.LazyDroidServer&feature=search_result

if you have a computer that is on the same wifi network i believe it should work. May need root access though.

beavermjr

Reaction score
Here’s what I’ve done:
I setup remote desktop on my windows 7 home premium laptop.

1. I downloaded and installed the remote desktop patcher, which enabled remote desktop connections on my laptop. http://www.beavermjr.info/Concurrent_RDP_Patcher.zip
  2. I opened port 3389 on my laptops firewall.
  3. I setup port forwarding on my router
  4. I downloaded 2x client on my droid. The only free remote desktop client in the droid marketplace.
  5. I connected to my laptop from the droid using the wan IP address my isp gave me. I used the credentials of my windows user account to login to the laptop remotely. Note that the windows account you use must have a password.
  6. I setup windows to automatically login so I don’t have to login every time I turn on my laptop.
    I now control my laptop from anywhere my phone has network access. Across the room or across the state I can do anything I want on my laptop.

Google is your best friend when it comes to setting up remote desktop. I have not used any of the other remote desktop clients on the droid. If you try one and like it, please let me know.

Mike

Last edited:

leapa

Reaction score
Here’s what I’ve done:
I setup remote desktop on my windows 7 home premium laptop.

1. I downloaded and installed the remote desktop patcher, which enabled remote desktop connections on my laptop. http://www.beavermjr.info/Concurrent_RDP_Patcher.zip
  2. I opened port 3389 on my laptops firewall.
  3. I setup port forwarding on my router
  4. I downloaded 2x client on my droid. The only free remote desktop client in the droid marketplace.
  5. I connected to my laptop from the droid using the wan IP address my isp gave me. I used the credentials of my windows user account to login to the laptop remotely. Note that the windows account you use must have a password.
  6. I setup windows to automatically login so I don’t have to login every time I turn on my laptop.
    I now control my laptop from anywhere my phone has network access. Across the room or across the state I can do anything I want on my laptop.

Google is your best friend when it comes to setting up remote desktop. I have not used any of the other remote desktop clients on the droid. If you try one and like it, please let me know.

Mike

I can't get this patch to work? Is there a trick to the above? It does say that the service is listening on port 3389

FunN4Lo

Reaction score

I am looking for a similar scenario. I would love to be able to control Netflix on the TV playing through my Acer 100 with my Bionic on the couch. Tag for me, bump for you