HELP pc based media player > bluetooth remote controler

bakin113

Reaction score
Any ideas please, Im running a laptop carpc and have all my music on the harddrive. I would like to keep it a headless unit while i drive, but want to control the music from my droid. Id love to just use itunes, and use tuneRemote[]iTunes Remote App for Android Looks Fantastic - Android - Gizmodo and call it a day, but it runs over wifi.

Ive spent days searching how to solve this in a car situation, either adhoc the wifi, but the droid wont detect the network, or a bluetooth alternative. I dont want to root my phone, I dont want to give the pc internet access, but i need to be able to see the songs/artists, play/pause, skip... album artwork would be a bonus. Thanks for your input

Silver Member
Reaction score
how do you have a carpc and not have a wifi controller installed? how do you get music to the HD? get a USB wifi device or something similar?

OP
B

bakin113

Reaction score
the carpc has wifi, the droid will not connect to adhoc of the carpc, unless you root your droid... I just dont want to root my droid.

Silver Member
Reaction score
the demo showed the app connecting directly to an IP. can't you designate your wifi as a static IP?

OP
B

bakin113

Reaction score
yessir, Ive seen on here and other forums the droid will not connect to wifi adhoc, ive tried setting my carpc as adhoc, static, ive tried severel different methods from tutorials ive found. Every forum shows you have to root your phone to establish a wifi adhoc connection, in or out

Silver Member
Reaction score
...well i know you can wifi mount your SD card and browse your local network on your wifi connection without rooting your DROID. that's why I'm surprised that this doesn't work. it's no different than using a crossover cable.

OP
B

bakin113

Reaction score
How do you do this? I've created ad hoc networks and manually added them to my droidand the phone never detects it

OP
B

bakin113

Reaction score
Update

Ive been able to successfully connect my iTouch to my adhoc, I dont want to use it though... any ideas how to get my droid around this?

OP
B

bakin113

Reaction score
How are you mounting your sd card over wifi? Your post wasn't very helpful..