1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

pandora radio question about extra charges?? please help

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by jank, Mar 10, 2010.

1. jank

jank New Member

Hi, I bought a droid last week and am rather new to the smart phone world. My data plan is 29.99for email/web. When i bring up pandora's radio a 'data warning message' appears. It says this will use a large amount of data and you are responsible for all data charges, please contact you carriers customer service to add unlimited data plan. Does my current data plan of 29.99/month cover these charges?Because i saw under the 'my feature of my verizon their is a 44.99 PDA smart phone unlimited. Just want to make sure I not getting screwed over - thanks
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

The Droid should have unlimited data, if not, then your limit is 5gb/month.
  3. Kack

Kack New Member

im not sure but i have had my droid since december and use the pandora app in my work truck everyday when i drive to and from work. sometimes i drive 300 miles each way. so hours and hours of pandora. but have never been hit with an excessive data rate.
  4. jank

jank New Member

do u have the 29/month plan
  5. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

The Pandora warning is simply to cover their liability for people who access their service through plans that have download limits. You don't. The $45 plan you reference is not for you. It is meant for businesses that contract with Verizon for email services. No one at Verizon should suggest you need such a plan. If anyone does, ask to speak to a supervisor.

You have an "unlimited" data download plan. What you do not have is a service plan that allows you to "tether" your Droid to serve as a modem for a computer and use the VZW 3G network to access the internet. Technically if you use your Droid that way and download a single byte of data you are in violation of your service agreement and Verizon can send you a bill for additional data services or terminate your service.

In reality, unless you use your Droid as a modem to download or stream the entire Godfather trilogy to your computer on a daily basis, you are very unlikely to be targeted by Verizon for violating your service agreement. Verizon is concerned about demand on their network. They assume, probably correctly, that if you're using your phone as it was intended you (or on average) won't be putting a heavy demand on that network. If millions of people use their Droids as computer modems the demand will be something VZW will worry about.

Hope that helps.
  6. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR New Member

Yep, well said. There is no download limit with the $29.99/mo data plan. You will however see people stating incorrectly that there is a 5GB limit, that if exceeded, will incur extra charges and other such nonsense.
  7. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

The confusion is understandable since the broadband data plan from VZW, sometimes characterized as "unlimited," is actually limited to five gigabytes per month. It's actually rather difficult to exceed that if you have access to wifi on your laptop (where the broadband is used) since you don't use the 3G network on a regular basis, but it is a limitation.

I have a broadband data plan on a laptop for $60 per month. I have to have it because I must be able to get to the internet on business even if I'm not near a wifi hotspot but I seldom use even a gigabyte of data in a month. Had I not already made a commitment to a two year contract (and gotten a nifty little HP Mini311 netbook for $150), I would have been tempted to use my droid for tethering to my other laptop.
  8. jpeter1093

jpeter1093 New Member

I thought this incorrect information was debunked long ago.
  9. kepi527

kepi527 New Member

I called abt that message and Verizon said it doesn't apply , the data package we have covers it all, unless of course the site is asking for your CC # : )
  10. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

:) Well, there are new folks coming onboard all the time. It's kinda like teaching school. Every year you get a new set of freshmen.
Search tags for this page
carrier charges for pandora radio
data charges for pandora enabled radios
does pandora charge for verizon galaxy phones
does verizon charge data when u have pandora
does verizon charge extra for apple radio?
is there data charges to listen to pandora verizon

pandora charges

pandora customer service phone number radio

pandora radio charges

pandora radio customer service number

pandora radio customer service phone number

pandora radio data charges

pandora radio warning
verizon pandora charges
why i incur data charges for using pandora on my cell phone