Pandora buggy for anyone else?

nickb34

Reaction score
I don't really think that will solve the problem by switching back to 2.0.1. I have the same issue of it not wanting to resume and there is also a major issue when connecting through bluetooth. A lot of times I connect through bluetooth and nothing comes out. I have to quit and reset and sometimes that will work. Pandora works well otherwise, just wish a few of these issues would be taken care of.

Funky145

Reaction score
I've had the same problems with Pandora also. I usually launch it with the "station" widget and notice:

1 - In order to select a station other than the last one I played, I have to navigate to the station screen and select the new station many times.

2 - During the past week a song rarely finishes to completion.

It was annoying enough, that I downloaded Slacker Radio and have now been using that this week.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a lot of problems like this with Pandora and Slacker when using Home++ - now that I'm back to the default screen until 2.1 comes out, they're much more responsive. Now, I also am more of a fan of Slacker, so take this for what it's worth, but I've had much better success with Slacker and just yesterday they came up with a new release that makes it even quicker starting than ever.

Silver Member
Reaction score
pandora does alot of buffering which may seem like the app has locked up or stopped responding. whenever it acts like this, i've found that you can always go to menu and hit quit.

however, pandora isn't real good managing its own memory space. if the OS kills it, or you quit from the app, the widget will act funny or not respond.

i've found this to be true when actually quitting the app and then using the recent app list to open it again. pandora almost always brings up a blank screen and doesn't know what to do. so i'll have to quit again and launch it form the program icon.

as long as you're launching it from the program icon, it will work fine. low bandwidth/coverage will make the app seem buggy and you'll drop your music connection alot. eventually the app may even say that it can't connect to pandora.

i've been using iheartradio because it uses like zero buffer, which can be annoying (songs cut in and out) but good in my low bandwidth scenario as i always have some sort of background noise.

OP
Q

qoncept

Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm talking about, 640k. The lack of updates from Pandora doesnt feel very encouraging, though.

dro

Reaction score
Pandora is a lot better than the other ones I have tried, which would be Slacker and Iheart. It never stops on me during music, but it will sometimes seem to stop responding while switching to a new channel. The menu functions still work but it just seems to hang there loading. Takes a year to load after restarting it too, but it is so much more reliable than any other player on the market. Set it and forget it and you should be fine unless you lose service. For the record Pandora runs like absolute horse ass (bad) on my girlfriends Eris, so unreliable.

Edit: just tried a little testing and Pandora started up for me in like 5 seconds and the channels are super snappy... it has never ran this well before and I only have one bar. It usually takes a good 15 to 30 seconds to load. Just turned the screen on so most tasks were likely killed, maybe just a memory whore? Dunno how or why it is running this well but I hope it continues to do so. Using stock launcher, I miss home++ but gotta have my snappyness =p

Last edited:

nickb34

Reaction score
The buffering isn't what bothers me... I use pandora and put up with its few downfalls because the audio quality is unmatched. This is especially noticeable when I'm streaming music in my car. I would like to see some of the issues dealt with, but I really don't recall any updates since I have had the phone.

ib2qwik2c

Reaction score
The problem is I can't tell exactly what is causing it. But I don't mean Pandora is just pausing. It isn't quite locking up, either, because the application still responds, but it won't play anything until I quit and restart. The widget does occasionally lock up completely.

same for me as well. if i quit it sometimes even still shows up on task manager. so then i force close it and start it up again and its fine.

edit: i have the factory android home.

longboat

Reaction score
Pandora keeps getting worse for me. I have to force close it 3 times every morning. This is getting old. I think it is the Droid not Pandora because I used my girlfriend's Iphone with Pandora all weekend and never had it hang up once. My b---- list is getting longer.
:mad:

drewshaver

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the lockup occurs when you go in/out of 3G service. I almost always have 3g, but on a recent trip i fell out of 3g and noticed the lockup happen. Even if you lose it for just a moment, I think it locks up.

They really REALLY need to fix this; so annoying.

Riley

Reaction score
Mine in the last 2 weeks has been acting odd. In my car dock it will just stop playing and go back to the home screen, but will show it still up in the status bar. If i go back into it it restarts itself. I was hoping maybe they update it soon, but maybe it's the phone or my app I run called ScreenOn, which allows me to have the screen stay on when using apps like Pandora.

longboat

Reaction score
VZ tech told me to pull the battery dial *228 and then update roaming. (Their universal solution). He said I had not updated my roaming in a month and I was not on the best tower. That would affect my 3G. I seriously doubt that is it. I updated my roaming from the same location as always. I guess we will see, so far so good today.....

bossrogue

Reaction score
I've never had a problem with Pandora acting up on me. Not once. I use Pandora in my car, and plug it in to the AUX port, and it works fine, no skipping, etc. When I unplug it from the AUX port, it pauses the song for me, then I just plug in my earbuds and everything is all gravy.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling? I don't know if that will fix anything but it's certainly worth a shot. I like to switch between Pandora and Slacker.

nickb34

Reaction score
My best solution has been:

1. Don't use the widget
2. Quit the program every time you are done using it

This has netted me great results, I haven't had any bluetooth issues and obviously no more resuming problems.

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Somewhat off topic, but my pandora icon used to be a long rectangle that had the name of the song and the thumbs up/down and skip buttons. Now, my pandora icon is just the square boxed letter P. Does anyone know how to get back to the rectangle icon?