Pandora buggy for anyone else?

qoncept

Reaction score
I've been having Pandora lock up (or something) quite a bit lately. I have the widget on my home screen, and occasionally it will stop working all together until I delete it and add a new one. Sometimes when I click on the middle of it to bring up the app, it comes up but the song metadata and album art never show up and I can't do anything till I quit and restart it.

Anyone else had these problems? Any word on a new version of the software? There's a lot the Android version of the app doesn't do (though it's better than the Blackberry app). You can't add variety to stations or some other things that you can on the PC and iPhone.

bradisonn

Reaction score
Not running into any homescreen issues with my widget, but I have been running into some problems when I plug in a headset then remove it. For some reason the sound doesnt switch back after I unplug the headset. I have to restart the program to get things back to normal.

longboat

Reaction score
Yep same problems here. It started for me about a week ago. It locks up a lot and does not launch from my home screen sometimes. I use home++

raven1911

Reaction score
Mine keeps locking up so I have to stop it and restart as well. It gets frustrating when you are listening while working and have to stop what you are doing and deal with the phone. I am actually looking into another music player to see if there is one better than pandora.

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
I'm using home++ as well. I've had Home++ for about 3 weeks, and Pandora since the day I got the phone. I haven't had any of the trouble that you guys are describing. I placed the widget on my home screen as soon as I installed Pandora and it hasn't had to be messed with since.

As far as stopping when you unplug headphones, mine does that as well... it's "supposed" to do that. It would be nice however if we could choose to turn that feature on / off. Also, it behaves the same way when listening via bluetooth. If the BT listening device is turned off, Pandora automatically stops, but if you turn your Droid BT off first, Pandora continues to play from the phone speaker.

I've found Pandora support to be extremely responsive. Send a suggestion to them and they'll reply... I did.

OP
Q

qoncept

Reaction score
The problem is I can't tell exactly what is causing it. But I don't mean Pandora is just pausing. It isn't quite locking up, either, because the application still responds, but it won't play anything until I quit and restart. The widget does occasionally lock up completely.

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
I've been having Pandora lock up (or something) quite a bit lately. I have the widget on my home screen, and occasionally it will stop working all together until I delete it and add a new one. Sometimes when I click on the middle of it to bring up the app, it comes up but the song metadata and album art never show up and I can't do anything till I quit and restart it.

Anyone else had these problems? Any word on a new version of the software? There's a lot the Android version of the app doesn't do (though it's better than the Blackberry app). You can't add variety to stations or some other things that you can on the PC and iPhone.

Yeah, I have been having issues with it where the sound just completely stops! I'm on 2.1 and will be reverting back to 2.01 to see if this is part of the problem. I even uninstalled and reinstalled but had the same issue.

I hope this gets resolved - I'm also going to try Last.fm and Slacker radio.

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
I have been having the exact same problems. I only listen to it on the way to work and on the way home (all of thirty minutes round trip) and it locks up at least once each way.

Another problem I had with them was that whatever artist was the one that I chose for the station is the last one to be played. It seems as if it picks a similar artist and plays them to death but I hardly hear the artist that the station is built around.

I'm looking for a music app that will let me upload some of my own music and listen to it on my Droid.

OP
Q

qoncept

Reaction score
imeem did that, but apparently the service has been shut down? Anyway, it was like $35 a year to upload 500 songs and $120 for 10k songs, or something like that. Too much to pay just to see if I'd like it.

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
Terastore.com does it also but the player leaves a lot to be desired. You can upload 3G for free and then it is like $3/mo for 10G and upwards from there. In addition to the actual player being terrible, it can't always maintain a connection so your music will just stop and wait while it regains the connection and starts to load the next song.

brochaos

Reaction score
my pandora widget stops too, if i pause a song. if i bring back up the main app, hit menu, then quite, it will start working again. i believe this is due to the power save feature that is in the pandora preferences. it shuts itself down after a set time period. i just wish there was a quicker way to get it started again.

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
my pandora widget stops too, if i pause a song. if i bring back up the main app, hit menu, then quite, it will start working again. i believe this is due to the power save feature that is in the pandora preferences. it shuts itself down after a set time period. i just wish there was a quicker way to get it started again.
You know I had the same thought, but then I tried changing that setting, and it still did it. It also wasn't doing before and the setting was the same.

OP
Q

qoncept

Reaction score
When the Pandora app isn't running, you can normally click on the widget to launch it. It looks like this shutdown might be what's causing it.. since it only happens when you're low on memory it can be hard to test.

@jrocketdroid, did you try setting that option to never?

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
yup...tried that already. I've just finished reflashing back to 2.01 to see what that does. I read somewhere else that the launcher in 2.1 was a memory hog, so I'm hoping it solves my problem